I've started to try to use the UMA functionality on my Curve and am finding that I either get disconnected or switched back to EDGE whenever I make a call starting out with UMA. Is anyone else having this problem and/or has anyone found a resolution to the problem?
    11-01-07 01:55 PM
    I am having the same problem. Its soo bad that I don't bother with UMA anymore, unless I have no edge connection, or am out of the country.

Too bad.

I am running the newest tmo os update.
    11-02-07 01:40 PM
    I live in a poor coverage area and UMA works great for web browsing and e-mail but calls result in a four or five count delay hearing what has been said and is pretty much not useable because of that. Any fixes?
    11-02-07 03:00 PM
    I love the free calls over uma, it works great in my home. My phone calls are just so clear. This was a big move for T-Mobile.
    11-02-07 03:46 PM
    Working well for me too. I'm using it as my main phone now.
    11-03-07 11:19 AM
    I've started to try to use the UMA functionality on my Curve and am finding that I either get disconnected or switched back to EDGE whenever I make a call starting out with UMA. Is anyone else having this problem and/or has anyone found a resolution to the problem?
    This all depends on how you set up your preference. If you are in an area where you both have Tmobile Network and Wi-Fi access, it will automatically seek your mobile network since this is the default setting. So to change it into Wi-Fi only, you go to Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options > and under Connnection Preference, select Wi-Fi Only. So even though you have EDGE coverage, it will stay as Wi-Fi and your UMA will stay connected until you reset your preference back to its default settings.

UMA calls are very clear and I love using Wi-Fi even though I have coverage at home. Love the speed!
    11-03-07 12:05 PM
    I had the same problem with the UMA. I called T-Moblie and they asked how I connected to the wi-fi. I told him I used the Verizon wireless router. He told me that it wouldn't work all the time with that router. He told me to get one of T-Moblie's routers and connect it to my Verizon router and I wouldn't have ant more problems. Plus the T-moblie router ws $50 with a $50 rebate.
    It was a no brainer and have not had a another problem.
    11-03-07 10:38 PM
    The device should stay connected to UMA with the mobile network set to "WiFi Preferred." Also, if you set it to WiFi only then you won't get a handoff to EDGE when you leave the WiFi coverage area. WiFi Preferred works great for me. Most of the time the problem is the router or ISP (usually the router.) Make sure your firmware is up to date. If you still are having problems please post what model router you have. There are a few that just don't work with UMA. The Airport (mac) routers are one line of routers that don't work well with UMA. Also, if you set it to WiFi only then you won't get a handoff to EDGE when you leave the WiFi coverage area.
    Last edited by John Clark; 11-03-07 at 11:07 PM.
    11-03-07 10:52 PM
    I have the 8120 and I also drop calls with UMA .. (WF-I)

HELP
    05-28-08 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD