Using blackberry messenger, every here and there, my messenger would act funny. The message i type wont be visible in the message bar, and when i send it, it comes out REVERSED and in capslock, does anyone know what this problem is? I've used the search button, but i could not find anything. thanks
    06-30-08 06:51 PM
    Try a battery pull: while the phone is on, remove the battery, wait 30 seconds and put it back in. Come back if that doesn't fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 07:07 PM
    fixes it, but i had to do the battery pull twice today, my seidio hardshell doesnt like the constant removal
    06-30-08 07:27 PM
    Hitting Alt, R Shift, Del will reset the device without removing the battery.
    06-30-08 07:35 PM
    Hitting ALT + R SHIFT + DEL will only reset the device the FIRST time you press it. Watch your screen. If you do not see the hourglass appear within a few seconds of the white screen, then press that key combo AGAIN and then release the keys. Wait for the white screen. Within 5 seconds of seeing the white screen, you should now see the hourglass. This is the same thing as a battery pull.

06-30-08 08:37 PM
    thanks for the hint on alt rshift del, wished there was something more solid to prevent this wacky thing from happening
    06-30-08 10:40 PM
    Hmm. Perhaps its a defective device. You may want to take it back to the store.

06-30-08 10:42 PM
    happened again today, did the alt right shift del today, not too happy, back to verizon store, wonder if they will do a exchange for me
    07-02-08 04:48 PM
    I am 99.999999999999999999% positive they will exchange it for you. Verizon is excellent when it comes to device malfunctions. Here is a little tidbit of a story:

My mum and I went to the VZW store about a month back to get my new Curve. She has the first gen Env and loves that God awful thing. Well, she had dropped it multiple times, did God knows what with it, and finally the thing stopped sending/receiving pic messages, was held together with duct tape, and was basically just a disaster. She wasn't eligible for a phone upgrade, so she simply asked the rep at the store if she could possibly have him figure out the pic message problem. Long story short, he ended up just GIVING her a brand new Env, and gave me a great deal on my Curve.

Love em or hate em, Verizon does have excellent customer service. The moral of this story? You should be fine. Just take your phone in, say it's acting up, and they'll replace it on the spot.
    07-02-08 05:02 PM

Love em or hate em, Verizon does have excellent customer service. The moral of this story? You should be fine. Just take your phone in, say it's acting up, and they'll replace it on the spot.

Funny you saw that cuz Verizon literally puts their retail employess thru training to make sure customers leave the stores with working device. Unfortunately I don't think all the reps do that.
    07-02-08 10:06 PM
    I thought I would add onto this.

My BBM has some visual glitches, as well, although not quite like those. My message window will sometimes disappear and any incoming messages will not show on my screen, but maybe a few characters of the persons name.

Then, I found out when I'm typing a message and if 1) I'm typing too fast or 2) the word that is getting auto-spelled is fairly long it will lag out the window (when it adjusts for the next line) and / or pop up an input error box that sometimes closes BBM or restarts my BB. Which then sometimes leads to the box not raising up and me not seeing what I'm typing (resolution: deleting or closing window)

Another thing is, if I get a new message or someone is typing. The box below the input box will pop up, then sometimes glitch as an "overlay" and cause inputting issues.

The quickest resolution for me is clearing history (menu -> clear histoy, while inside a conversation) or closing the window.

I tried to reproduce it, but couldn't. I wanted to post screenshots.
    Last edited by Inifekt; 07-03-08 at 12:03 AM.
    07-02-08 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD