Well i have to return my 8330 this week and i had some orange highlighter mark under the trackball so i sprayed some cleaner on a cloth and when i finished cleaning i noticed a RED! peice of sticker just above the trackball opening underneath the SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't remember it before! did i just void my warranty!
    02-08-09 03:41 PM
    Oh Snap! Your warranty is gone! Poof!

Just kiddin... The sticker is usually in the battery compartment, it's a small white square...so unless Telus decided to be different, what you saw isn't it.

Hth,

e.n.
    02-08-09 03:48 PM
    i know there's one on the battery and one in the battery compartment but i swear i read there's one inside you cant see. so i hope this sticker is just like i piece of red paper or something i dunno lol
    02-08-09 03:51 PM
    I haven't heard of the hidden one nor did I see it on my GSM Curve when i took it apart. Since the other 2 are not activated you could just bleach it in case it is...ha ha.

Hth,

e.n.
    02-08-09 03:58 PM
    Could you post a picture of this mystery sticker? I am not quite sure which one you are talking about...
    02-08-09 04:01 PM
    Actually, yes there is a water indicator under the trackball. It is located just above where the trackball sits in the bracket. This does also void warranty. Sorry that this has happened.
    02-08-09 04:06 PM
    i opened three curves at my disposal and did not see this. however, these were vzw curves. this could be a new hardware change. i think you could still get away with an warranty replacement if you remove the sticker, since most don't have the sticker anyway. litmus indicators are always on charging ports, batteries, and beside where the metal batteries contacts meet the phone charge contacts.
    02-08-09 04:12 PM
    i did take the most of it of theres just a little red spot there now. i think i will be ok, and worse comes to worse i just have to send the replacemnt back i hope

if warranty is void and they find out can u pay them to fix ur problem? and send it back?
    02-08-09 04:25 PM
    usually they will actually just charge you full price for the device if they replace it and then find out there is water damage. Thats my experience with Verizon atleast.
    02-08-09 04:27 PM
    i think telus will only charge $100 to you bill because to get a replacement when out of warranty thats what it costs
    02-08-09 04:29 PM
    oh ok paying $100 isnt that bad i guess lol. i wonder if i would have the choice of getting it back and getting it fixed so i could but a new housing and do all the stuff i wanna do to it.

i ordered a G1 Ball and Seidio Rubber door for my replacement already
    02-08-09 04:34 PM
    Usually they wont give you the same one back.

What is the issue that you are having with your original device if you dont mind me asking.
    02-08-09 04:36 PM
    Usually you have to go through insurance to replace the device. Now it does depend on how savvy the warranty department is at the verizon store you will be going to. I know most do not know of it, there are several that do know of this. But I know most of the verizon phones have the indicator for the liquid damage for the trackball and one on the battery and one on the phone.
    02-08-09 04:40 PM
    im on Telus?

the trackball wont scroll left and the sensor broke off under the trackball. and its the ones that senses it go left.

I already filed for a replacement through the store i bought it from and its coming on thursday. i just hope the overlook the red dot and the little orange smudge on the white sticker under the trackball. but with my luck they wont
    02-08-09 04:44 PM
    To be honest, they just might. It really depends on the savvyness of their people. And sorry, I overlooked the telus factor. But yeah, good luck hopefully they don't notice.
    02-08-09 04:47 PM
    Seriously.. I don't think they wouldn't bury the sticker in a place they would have to take the phone apart to see it. The purpose of the sticker is a quick and easy way for them to assess water damage. Besides.. if the sticker in the back is white and the phone turns on and is otherwise functional... they can hardly blame it on water damage..

To wit... I had a pearl that was killed in a pool... a year later I took that trackball assembly out and put it in my curve... works good as new.... Mmm.. smooth.

GL !
    02-08-09 04:48 PM
    i have been getting mixed info on this i did a search and they say theres the two in the battery area u can see but theres one inside the device. and i just relized the LED FOR THE TRACKBALL HASNT BEEN WORKING!!!!!!!!!!
    02-08-09 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD