hey everyone. I'm a new BB and crackberry user. Just thought I'd drop by and say hello...and ask my first newb question!!

I just recently purchased a Blackberry Curve 8330 through sprint. I updated my phone today to v4.5.0.89 and followed the instructions on this site exactly....everything went smoothly until i was looking for my browser....which now i cannot find. My myspace and facebook app aren't showing up either which isn't a big deal cause i know i can download those again. I checked the show all option thinking that for some odd reason it was hidden but I still don't see it. I have my yahoo go!, Google Mobile, and Gmail apps there...but I have NO idea where my browser went to. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my first phone that even does more than call and text, let alone everything else a BB can do!

Thanks in advance!

I'm by my phone if you wanna send me a PIN message or however that works. lol
    01-26-09 08:07 PM
    Try re-sending your service books. Also from the home screen press menu twice, and select show all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 08:09 PM
    another newb question...how do i resend my service books? lol Sorry for the dumb questions but this phone is hard to get used to.
    01-26-09 08:16 PM
    Find the email settings icon, press enter > service books > send service books
    01-26-09 08:21 PM
    Log into your BIS website. (On your phone it is called email setup. - log in and one of the options will be service books.- resend service books.

01-26-09 08:21 PM
    Manage internet email the icon should look like a folder with a gear in front of it. Or you can go to your sprint BIS login webpage and do it there from your pc.
    01-26-09 08:23 PM
    wow...this is making me go crazy. lol

everytime i go into email setup the only options I have is "I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server" or "I want to skip email setup." Also, when I go to that sprint site what is my user name? Because i've tried everything that i've given for a username in the past month and I can't figure it out.
    01-26-09 08:40 PM
    wow...this is making me go crazy. lol

everytime i go into email setup the only options I have is "I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server" or "I want to skip email setup."
    You're in the wrong set-up icon. You are in device setup, you need to be in email setup, or email settings, as mentioned it should look like a folder or envelope with a gear in front of it.
    01-26-09 08:43 PM
    You're in the wrong set-up icon. You are in device setup, you need to be in email setup, or email settings, as mentioned it should look like a folder or envelope with a gear in front of it.
    the only thing i have as far as icons go with a gear in front of it is "set up bluetooth" and "setup wizard." I looked over each icon about 10 times.
    01-26-09 08:49 PM
    the only thing i have as far as icons go with a gear in front of it is "set up bluetooth" and "setup wizard." I looked over each icon about 10 times.
    Try pressing Menu > Show All, or look for a Programs Folder. Sometimes icons are tucked away in the Programs Folder.

Also, if you are using a 3rd party theme, try changing your theme to one of the Zen themes.
    01-26-09 08:53 PM
    Try pressing Menu > Show All, or look for a Programs Folder. Sometimes icons are tucked away in the Programs Folder.

Also, if you are using a 3rd party theme, try changing your theme to one of the Zen themes.
    Have Show All checked, and no programs folder.

I also switched back from my BB Dimension L to the BB Dimension Zen.

Still not seein it
    01-26-09 09:07 PM
    Well, have you pulled the battery out with the phone on to reset the phone?

This will reset the phone, and hopefully, you get all your missing icons back.

Then you can resend the service books if you need to.
    01-26-09 09:17 PM
    Go to your BIS site on your pc. You can google it. And resend your service books from there.

01-26-09 09:20 PM
    Also, when I go to that sprint site what is my user name? Because i've tried everything that i've given for a username in the past month and I can't figure it out.
    Go to your BIS site on your pc. You can google it. And resend your service books from there.
    newbsauce, if the battery pull doesn't work, you can either call Sprint CS and have them resend your service books, or ask them for your username/password, or to reset your username/password so you can log in to the BIS site.
    01-26-09 09:23 PM
    Okay. Problem is fixed. I ended up having to call sprint and the lady resent my service books and my icons showed right back up. I was just hoping I could resolve this with asking you knowledgable people. lol

Thanks for all your help though. I really appreciate it.
    01-26-09 11:02 PM
    Just for future reference, you should learn how to resend your service books yourself, then you won't have to call your carrier. Note that it was suggested several times in this thread for you to resend your service books.

And just a note that you always need to resend your service books after you upgrade your phone's OS. That's what brings back many of the feature.
    01-27-09 06:12 AM
    I have similar issues. Enter only logs me into email. I cannot get to Send Service Books from:
    email settings icon, press enter > service books > send service books
    01-27-09 11:54 AM
    I have similar issues. Enter only logs me into email. I cannot get to Send Service Books from:
    email settings icon, press enter > service books > send service books
    If the icon logs you into email, then you are on the icon for your email account, not the email settings icon, which looks like the email icon but it has a gear in front of it.
    01-27-09 12:13 PM
    That is the icon that I pressed and it going into browser and says New Users ..., Existing Users ...

I hit menu button from there and i get long ist of options, but no Service Books.
    01-27-09 12:23 PM
    That is the icon that I pressed and it going into browser and says New Users ..., Existing Users ...

I hit menu button from there and i get long ist of options, but no Service Books.
    ok, on Verizon the browser page has:

Services
    Email Accounts

Settings
    Language
    Service Books
    Create User Name

Help
    01-27-09 01:00 PM
    Ahhh. Sprint is different. I guess I will have to call them.
    01-27-09 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD