My new 8330 came with DM 4.3 and OS 4.5.77. I've been using it that way for almost a week - no problems

DM 4.7 is downloaded, but not installed. Is there any compelling reason to install this?

Same for the OS... I have .96 downloaded.

Reading the threads, I can't find anything that stands out as a real show stopper, requiring upgrades. But, I've been pouring over these threads for days... I could have missed something.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before.
    01-16-09 08:47 AM
    Hi there

Per my experience with DM 4.7, it was very slow because of Roxio. Roxio is a really useless app as far as I am concerned. It was very slow and froze DM and my computer on numerous occasions. I have since downgraded to DM 4.6 and it runs smoothly.

Hope that somewhat helps with your DM question
    01-16-09 08:53 AM
    The only issue I am aware of with DM 4.7 is upgrade Curve OS. There are may reports of upgrades not running properly with 4.7 but they do with 4.5 or 4.6. I suggest you get DM 4.5 and stick with that.

There's no compelling reason to upgrade the OS. Minor version changes usually deal with bugs in the previous version. No new features have been added to the official OS 4.5's.
    01-16-09 08:56 AM
    Hi there

Per my experience with DM 4.7, it was very slow because of Roxio. Roxio is a really useless app as far as I am concerned. It was very slow and froze DM and my computer on numerous occasions. I have since downgraded to DM 4.6 and it runs smoothly.

Hope that somewhat helps with your DM question
    You can install DM without Roxio. There's usually a download with and without Media Manager (Roxio). Also, I think you can do a custom install (vs. typical) and select not to install media manager.
    01-16-09 08:58 AM
    Thanks - I'll see if I can find DM 4.5 and install that. For now, I will stick with OS .77 until something causes me to require and UG.
    01-16-09 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD