So out of nowhere my 8320 has been going crazy! I didn't drop it or get it wet or anything, but one day it would just type things like UooOOUuUoO and no matter what I push, it would think I pushed either U or O. When this happens, I can still receive incoming calls, but when I try to hit the green button, it just ignores it and keeps typing...
    This comes on randomly as sometimes it will do this and be back to normal within a few minutes.. or othertimes (like right now) it will be this way all day.
    I've tried battery pulls and it hasn't helped.
    I was on the beta 4.5 OS, so I tried reloading the 4.2 OS. I thought it helped but a couple days later it started malfunctioning again. So i tried to reload the latest beta 4.5 OS just to see if it would help, and it did for a day, and now it's back to being messed up.
    Other times, the scrolling will work, but if I try to push down on the pearl or any other button, it will think I'm typing Us and Os. Blackberry/T-Mobile support is being useless as they keep suggesting I do things I've already done. I want to get an RMA but they keep insisting it's a software issue.
    Any suggestions anyone?!....please....
    07-11-08 03:52 PM
    what's with this rash of possessed BB's these last couple of days?
    07-11-08 03:54 PM
    I suggest going to a local TMobile Store (official one!) and trying to replicate the problem for them! Showing them in person can rule out any software issues adn they should replace your faulty hardware

Anyone else, correct me if I am wrong?? Is there a certain amount of time you have until the warranty expires on your Curve? This sounds like hardware failure
    07-11-08 03:58 PM
    yeah i asked rim and they said the warranty should be about a year. I originally took it to an official tmobile store and they said there's absolutely nothing they can do for blackberry's in the store... i had to call tmobile support. so i called tmobile support and they said it was hardware so they transferred me to rim. when i talked to rim, they said that there isn't anything they can do because it's a software issue and transferred me back to tmobile...
    07-11-08 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD