I have been having problems with this phone for the last 4 months. The problems have been a freezing/pause while texting or typing an email message. Typing away and then I would notice the letters aren't there, then all of a sudden typing can continue.Also I have recently been having a problem ending a call. The person on the other end of the call would hang up, but on my end the call is still live. Hitting the end call button doesn't seem to work, its almost like the phone freezes and then the call ends 10 seconds or so later. The dealer (Best Buy) can't figure out whats wrong, and the network provider (Telus) says tough ****, send it back and pay for it yourself. It is now over a year old.
    07-05-10 01:04 PM
    This is often a symptom of low memory. You might try a battery pull and then follow http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...633/]this link to see if any of these tips might be useful. Also, having push apps like Facebook, Twitter, or weather push apps open may cause your symptoms.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 01:20 PM
    Ditto to jbeachy's diagnosis - low free mem. You could also look at Shrink-A-OS to remove apps you don't need.

07-05-10 01:59 PM
    According to myblackberryworld app, i have 18mb free, unless thats not the place to look for free memory.
    07-05-10 02:55 PM
    According to myblackberryworld app, i have 18mb free, unless thats not the place to look for free memory.
    That's not extremely low, but I start having problems below 25mb.

07-05-10 03:26 PM
    I will look more into removing more useless apps, and see what happens for performance. I can understand this effecting the texting, but any idea why I can't end some phone calls?
    07-05-10 04:15 PM
    Typically you can select Menu/Options/Memory to check your File Free. Or Menu/Options/Status. You should hold down your bb button and check and see how many running apps there are. I have 4, phone, mssg, home and browser. Some apps require menu/close to actually be closed. Multiple open apps would cause a delay in response time.

Last edited by albee 1; 07-05-10 at 04:56 PM.
    07-05-10 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD