Okay, this happened once about 2 wks ago. I picked up my curve and all of my txt msgs were deleted, it said *No Messages*. I thought I must have pressed something and just forgot about it. Later a few people asked me about txt msgs that I never receieved from them.

Well today the same thing happened. I was txting w/my friend and had my phone sitting right next to me and the next time i picked it up and looked at it, all of the txts were deleted, just as before.

Anyone know what the problem could be?
    09-28-08 10:04 PM
    Check your file free and post the number here. options>status

This most likely is a memory issue. Click on the link below for memory in my signature. If you do not have an SD card get one
    09-28-08 10:05 PM
    It's not as much of a memory issue, as much as a glitch. I have a 2g memory card, and it just randomly happens to me. I usually have about 25m free on the phone and my messenger, phone logs, and sms randonly delete themselves. I've even had it happen twice within an hour, so there's no way I reused that much memory that fast.
    09-28-08 10:11 PM
    Bish0p are you sure you're reading the number right ? Go to options status and post the whole number from file free

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 10:16 PM
    File free: 6251000 Bytes and I do have an SD card that I keep my ringtones on. It just seems weird that it would delete all of my SMS msgs but none of my emails if it were a memory issue.
    09-28-08 10:18 PM
    Well now! The problem is caused by a lack of available flash memory, caused by simply having the device powered on too long. I'm no Flash memory expert, but as a blackberry tech, I have found that this problem usually occurs when the handheld has been continuously powered on for a long time. Pulling the battery on a weekly basis stops all running applications and resets the memory. To check your device's uptime, hold alt and type eace and it will display, measuring time in seconds.

Turning the handheld off saves battery life, but unfortunately does not clear out these garbage dumps of used memory. Hope this helps!
    09-28-08 10:22 PM
    That is veryyyyy low. Follow the link lastraid said and you will be fine. Blackberries wil delete messages to free up space when you are under 12 mb

09-28-08 10:23 PM
    And a battery pull is only a temp solution as you will build up cache from browsing. Also hold alt and type lglg this brings up the event log. Clear that once a week and pull your battery that will also help

09-28-08 10:25 PM
    thanks so much everyone! i went ahead and deleted some of the applications that i don't use and i will start pulling my battery every now and then, didn't know about that tip. thanks for the hlep!
    09-28-08 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD