Hey I'm new to the blackberry I just got it yesterday. I been a long tine viewer of crackberry and I been on this blackberry all day ahhhah

But anyway I was told that if I use aim on my curve it will use my text as messages..is that right? Is it the same for google talk?

I have 500 texts and the blackberry plan

If I get beejive does that use data and not sms or am I wrong I just don't want to purchase bee jive and use up all my text
    Last edited by antdogs24; 11-29-08 at 05:29 PM.
    11-29-08 03:04 PM
    Some of the IM applications provided by the carriers use SMS instead of data, but BeeJive Palringo, Instango and most other IM applications will use data. If you don't want to pay for BeeJive, try Instango or Palringo which are both free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 06:32 PM
    antdogs24 is right. I use beejive and love it I don't receive any extra charges because it uses data.
    11-29-08 06:38 PM
    Or you could just make all your friends get BlackBerrys and use BlackBerry Messenger :-). No message or text usage for that, BlackBerry - BlackBerry!

11-29-08 06:40 PM
    If you use the Instant Message apps from BlackBerry it uses DATA:

http://www.blackberry.com/instantmes...4F6391C495005A

If you use the program from the VZW (i can't see what carrier you have) page called Mobile IM it uses SMS.

Google Talk uses DATA and you can get that from the above link as well.

11-29-08 06:42 PM
    ahh god bless u all so i will get beejive i can pay the fee i just dont wanna get it then all of a sudden i owe 700 bucks cu of text messages hahaha thx u everyone!
    11-29-08 07:50 PM
    Or you could just make all your friends get BlackBerrys and use BlackBerry Messenger :-). No message or text usage for that, BlackBerry - BlackBerry!

haha i wish! everyone doesnt want to get a BB but im in love with this so much hahaha i havent gotten off of it!
    11-29-08 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD