This may seem like cell phone basics to all of you, but I am gizmo illiterate for the most part. My youngest son got a good deal on a new BB curve 8330 from sprint. We already have the package to suport it and he pays his share each month no problem. The problem is that he is DEATH on phones, and because of this he has had his insurance cancelled from sprint. He wants to know if he can have 2 phones on the same number? The old beater katana to carry while at work climbing on roofs etc , and the blackberry for everything else? Is it possible to switch between em easily?
    02-19-09 10:43 PM
    No not with sprint.. Seeing that sprint cdma and not gsm.. If it waas att or tmobile he could just switch the sim cards, but with sprint you would have to actually change the esn number on the account..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 11:22 PM
    Either call Sprint or I believe there is an option to change online (canceled Sprint and forgot)
    02-19-09 11:23 PM
    There's an option to change online once you log into your account.
    02-19-09 11:28 PM
    I'm speaking from how Verizon is set-up so I don't know how similar Sprint is. On Vzw it is possible to use an online ESN chager to switch between multiple phones, but there is a limit of only 3 changes per billing cycle. Plus in your scenario your son would be switching btwn a BB smartphone to a Katana, which a dumbphone, right? That would involve prorating the data plan charges on the acct which would get messy/complicated.

02-19-09 11:39 PM
    He sounds like a candidate for an Otterbox Defender, often called the Hummer of protective cases.

As an alternative, an added line for $9.99 a month and forward calls.
    Just food for thought.

Last edited by bergerking; 02-20-09 at 12:01 AM.
    02-19-09 11:58 PM
    I'm speaking from how Verizon is set-up so I don't know how similar Sprint is. On Vzw it is possible to use an online ESN chager to switch between multiple phones, but there is a limit of only 3 changes per billing cycle. Plus in your scenario your son would be switching btwn a BB smartphone to a Katana, which a dumbphone, right? That would involve prorating the data plan charges on the acct which would get messy/complicated.

Sprint does things different than Verizon with their data packages. Basically things really wouldn't have to change all too much, and there wouldn't be prorating.

He sounds like a candidate for an Otterbox Defender, often called the Hummer of protective cases.

As an alternative, an added line for $9.99 a month and forward calls.
    Just food for thought.

Sprint unfortunately charges for call forwarding.
    02-20-09 12:15 AM
    Yep, I just found that out. Thanks for reference, learned another one.

02-20-09 12:50 AM
    It's for reasons like this that sprint may not last through 2009. Start looking at other carriers.
    02-20-09 06:37 AM
    It's for reasons like this that sprint may not last through 2009. Start looking at other carriers.
    Easy on the medications there.......

02-20-09 07:05 AM
    hahahahaaha Thats the funniest thing I have read somone post on here in a looooong time.

Are all at&t customers this delusional or not?
    02-20-09 07:34 AM
    Some don't drink the kool-aid. But only some...

02-20-09 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD