hey guys,

I need help with a email issue with my blackberry 8310 with att. I have two emails setup under my BB but the issue is that that the emails all come under one email icon. I would think there would be two email icons setup for this. I also checked under all my hidden icons by clicking the "show all" option for icons and I dont see any new email icons.

The thing is that i never set the emails up in the first place so I wouldn't know what to do in this situation. Since one of the emails i have setup is a work email with the domain of the company (ie [email protected]) and the other email is my person one ([email protected]) , I didn't know how to set up the company email and had to go to the company tech for it. He set it up as a favor since the company is really not supposed to be working on personal phones or what not. Weird policies but either way, that dude is not there any more and I rather take care of this on my own so I know for future reference.

Can you guys give me some advice on what I can do to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance
    tk
    09-14-08 09:40 PM
    Messages > Menu > Options > General > SMS and Email Inboxes: set this to Separate.
    09-14-08 09:49 PM
    It sounds like you are on a BES. You cannot separate email inboxes on a BES without 3rd party software. I think Empower sells a product that does this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-08 09:52 PM
    Messages > Menu > Options > General > SMS and Email Inboxes: set this to Separate.
    I already had this selected though and it still comes in one icon.

It sounds like you are on a BES. You cannot separate email inboxes on a BES without 3rd party software. I think Empower sells a product that does this.
    Not sure what you mean BES. Can someone explain this?
    09-19-08 02:28 PM

BES is when your internet/email go through your work (an IT department controls your blackberrys settings)
    09-19-08 02:31 PM
    I already had this selected though and it still comes in one icon.

Blackberry Enterprise Server. It's used at a lot of bigger companies that use BlackBerrys for their employee's email. Since you said you didn't set up your e-mail, and you use your work e-mail on your phone, that is the only thing I can assume. Separate e-mail inboxes doesn't work when you have a BES setup on your phone, unless you download the 3rd party software that does it.
    09-19-08 02:32 PM
    Blackberry Enterprise Server. It's used at a lot of bigger companies that use BlackBerrys for their employee's email. Since you said you didn't set up your e-mail, and you use your work e-mail on your phone, that is the only thing I can assume. Separate e-mail inboxes doesn't work when you have a BES setup on your phone, unless you download the 3rd party software that does it.

your explanation was MUCH better than mine
    thx buddy
    09-19-08 02:35 PM
    got it. thanks smaug
    any recommendation for third party software? (hopefully free)
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD