Is it possible, with.. any application.. to have the left convenient key to turn the flash of the camera into a flashlight? Something that would turn the light of the camera on for a while..

I'm one of those person who use her phone to see in the dark (There's even a Facebook group for people like me, which I'm proudly a member of)

And, on one of my old phone, you could the camera light as a flashlight.. and turn it off bu pressing "End"

And, since BlackBerry is such an amazing device.. I was wondering if there's application that would do something similar..

09-26-08 04:18 AM
    i like syrup!! hey if ya update 2 the 4.5 os you can use the videocamera flash for a flashlight! i used it hiking to a secluded beach for about 10 of us ..all very drunk..and rugged terrain!! it worked its super blinding!!
    09-26-08 05:03 AM
    Movie light in the video cam as mentioned above. Changes the option to "on" for the light. Works well. A lot better then the apps the turn the screen white.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-08 05:41 AM
    Movie light in the video cam as mentioned above. Changes the option to "on" for the light. Works well. A lot better then the apps the turn the screen white.....

Good tip, I just assigned my right key to Video cam and put the light settings to automatic...stick it in a dark corner and it comes right on!
    09-26-08 10:14 AM
    A tip i just got off the forum If your video cam is on hit the space bar twice and the light comes on for twenty seconds.
    09-26-08 03:01 PM
    Learn something new everyday. I was about to search the web for a program that can accomplish that. Thanks for saving me time & money.
    09-26-08 04:52 PM
    Set the left convenience key to the Video Recorder, and make the default for the flash to "On"
    09-26-08 04:55 PM
    Thanks for the tip Billsmetro,thats pretty cool!
    09-26-08 05:23 PM
    On the 8310, we don't have video recording capabilty - any way we can do it? I used to use the flashlight feature on my old phone all the time.
    09-26-08 08:51 PM
    There are 3rd party flashlight apps around there, I was just on handango.com and saw some there also.
    09-26-08 08:53 PM
    Guilty! I was looking deep in my closet the other day for a long lost pair of shoes but the closet light blew out... I whipped out the vid cam on the bb and used it as a flash light! Got the shoes on right now!

09-26-08 08:55 PM
    Yeah, but y pay for what you can do for free.

I would use it, but I signed up a while back for a free keychain flashlight. Took like 2 months to get, but hey FREE. About the size of a quarter with a watch battery and a tiny LED for the light. Great for lighting your way to your car or to find the keyhole on your car. It stayed under water for about 4 hours on a tubing trip I took and still works like a charm.
    09-26-08 08:59 PM
    Kevstl: After you get comfortable with your curve look at the sticky post at the beginning of this arena and you will see how to upgrade your phones OS. The 4.5 OS upgrade will provide you with the video cam app.
    09-26-08 09:17 PM
    Wow this tip has greatly improved my quality of life
    09-26-08 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD