Ok, this may sound crazy, but the lowest volume when listening to music is too loud for me (when it's quiet around me). Apparently I have sensitive hearing. Does anyone know how to fiddle with the "internal" volume settings??? I could find Volume boost, which I obviously don't need.

HELP!!!
    10-05-08 10:39 PM
    you turned your volume down on the side of the phone already and it didn't help at all?
    10-05-08 10:51 PM
    yes, all the way down. the next one produces no sound.

There is not a problem with the sound, it goes up and down, just not down enough!! I want to know if there is a way I can make it go down more. I can't find anything. If it's any consolation, I've only had the thing for 36 hours.
    10-05-08 11:14 PM
    Wow never heard anyone complain about the sound being to high.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-08 11:19 PM
    i don't know...i just took about 10 mins looking through all the places i would think it would be and i don't know...i would only think of turning the volume down with the volume buttons on the side...sorry
    10-05-08 11:35 PM
    unfortunately you're probably out of luck.
    10-05-08 11:37 PM
    You can Google MP3Gain. I used it to raise the music volume, you can use it to do the opposite.

Mike

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 01:56 AM
    I too share the same problem on my new Bold. My earphones are really sensitive, and it doesn't require much power to drive them.

Besides mp3gain, any other suggestions?

I do think we are out of luck...

Thanks
    10-06-08 03:20 AM
    Only option is really to lower the gain on the original music file before you put it on your BB using an editing program like Audacity.
    10-06-08 05:23 AM
    Yeah. I downloaded it, but I don't really have the time to convert my 12 gig+ music collection. Oh well. We'll see how this goes.
    10-06-08 08:09 PM
    I have found this to be a problem too, especially if I'm trying to relax to my music, it becomes almost impossible

Any help found would be greatly apreciated
    03-16-09 06:15 PM
    In case some of you haven't figured it out yet here is how to turn down the volume while listening to musin without changing the song...

BARELY tap the side volume buttons, if you press them all the way in it will change the song. Just tap them really easy and it totally works!

I am SO glad I figured it out my headphones were SO loud.
    Whitney
    cracked_at_iphone likes this.
    07-14-09 08:28 AM
    My new BB Tour has the same problem - too loud to use while working in the office, even at the lowest setting. Too bad the headset supplied with the phone doesn't have a volume control like some of my others.
    09-17-09 10:09 AM
    All you have to do is barely tap the side buttons. That is the correct answer. It had been driving me crazy and how the problem is solved! Thank you whitney8525! That was really driving me crazy. Thanks again!
    08-27-11 03:42 PM
    I have found this to be a problem too, especially if I'm trying to relax to my music, it becomes almost impossible

Any help found would be greatly apreciated
    One of the suggestions below was right on in that pushing the volume up and down buttons on the right side will re-start the music. However, if you lightly push the up or down, not all the way in, it will change the volume and an indicator comes up on the screen. It is also functioning with my earphones. Fantastic!
    09-30-11 07:32 PM
    One of the suggestions below was right on in that pushing the volume up and down buttons on the right side will re-start the music. However, if you lightly push the up or down, not all the way in, it will change the volume and an indicator comes up on the screen. It is also functioning with my earphones. Fantastic!
    09-30-11 07:33 PM
    Yay, Crackberry comes through again--thanks for helping me enjoy my music! That tap certainly worked!
    10-14-11 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD