Can anyone help me unlock my 8300 so I can use it with Red Pocket? We use them for our cell provider, and I want to get my blackberry unlocked for my daughter to take with her when she goes out. Can anyone help?
    09-22-12 08:07 PM
    One of the unlockers in here should be able to get you going.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-unlocking-f157/
    09-22-12 08:28 PM
    8300 is a very old device. Did you buy it from a carrier? Contact them, and they could hook you up with the unlock code too.
    09-22-12 08:45 PM
    No, I've had it for 3.5 years, but haven't used it in 2. When we moved 200 miles our house had poor coverage, but as it was "technically" in their coverage area they wouldn't let us out of our contract. We had to break it and we're still paying off the fees (we're single income as I'm disabled and my husband is partially disabled so his work options are limited). Thus, calling them isn't an option. I just want to have it as a little back up for my daughter when she goes to a friend's house, or is out riding her horse. I don't want to buy a new phone for that when I have a perfectly good and functional one.
    09-25-12 09:47 PM
    I'd say you're out of contract, whether by paying the ETF or natural lapse. If you've been good on the payments, why don't you give them a call? It's not like they would be afraid of losing you, since they already have.
    09-25-12 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD