Yesterday I had to get a replacement Blackberry as the usb/charging port started to fall out on my old phone (it also had some mysterious water damage...). Before I had a 8330m with OS v4.5 that I was very content with. After receiving an MMS yesterday I realized I had a 8330.
    I installed the Boost mobile v5 OS on my 8330 hoping it would add embedded MMS. I'm very pleased with the new features, but I still want my old MMS back.

Can anyone help me get embedded MMS on my 8330? I looked into getting 8330m service books but I'm not savvy enough to understand the process, besides, I don't have my old phone as a donor.

Thanks.
    06-12-10 05:37 PM
    The 8330 will not receive embedded mms. The service books are the same for the 8330 and 8330m so they won't make a difference.
    06-12-10 08:58 PM
    From what I understand, it's a setting on the Sprint servers that determines whether you get embedded MMS or the PictureMail link. Sprint servers are set-up to send the PictureMail link to all 8330 devices because they (Sprint) cannot guarantee that the device is running an MMS compatible OS (4.5+), so they send the PictureMail link to your device.

Believe it or not, some people have refused to give up their 4.3 OS.

The 8330m on the other hand, came out with 4.5 software on it, so Sprint knows that it is MMS capable. Contrary to popular belief, the m in the 8330m does not mean "multimedia", as the 8330 is perfectly capable of receiving MMS content, as long as it is running a 4.5 MMS compatible OS.
    Last edited by xliderider; 06-12-10 at 09:55 PM.
    06-12-10 09:49 PM
    I have a Boost 8330 that came with embedded MMS. I think it's strictly a carrier issue. Even though Boost uses the same Sprint network, unless you sign up with Sprints latest bb you probably can't get it. Call your carrier and talk to CS. But always ask for a bb tech. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 10:35 AM
    Thanks guys!
    I did know the m in 8330m doesn't mean "multimedia" but I had no idea this was a carrier issue.

Thats good advice, I'll see if they can offer any help.
    06-15-10 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD