Hi, new here to the blackberry. I used other threads to get my blackberry to connect to my home network via wifi and that part is finally working. I am completely lost when it comes to UMA...what is it? Does it cost me anything extra a month if I use it? I am with T-Mobile on a 8320. Do I incur any charges for using the wifi at home without a data plan with TMo? I have also seen alot of talk about UMA calls...how does this work and what would be the plus side to using it? I know it is a bit of a long list but like I said I'm lost. Thanks in advance for any help.
    01-01-09 12:26 PM
    UMA is Unlicensed Mobile Access using WiFi. If you paid for the hotspot@home feature through T-Mobile you could make unlimited nationwide calls without using any of you plans whenever minutes.

As far as accessing the internet through your WiFi, or UMA, you will not incur any charges for data usage since you're using your internet. if you use data outside of a WiFi connection you will incur a 20 cent charge per megabyte(MB).

Note that when your using UMA you may get better signal and be able to make a call through your WiFi, it will use your whenever minutes unless you pay for the hotspot@home feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD