About a week ago I noticed my 8320 exhibiting some strange behavior: with WiFi and EDGE signals high, I was having terrible call quality. After several completely incomprehensible phone conversations, my patience was starting to wear thin. Through process of elimination, I narrowed the problem down to the WiFi. After a peek at the WiFi diagnostic, I found a problem with the UMA feature, found an error code(W006.3, then .2, then .1) and did some serious internet sleuthing. After several battery pulls (some including the rebooting without the SIM card), an OS upgrade, some fiddling with my router's channel, and something about port 3101 my boyfriend found on the internet, I have reached a complete standstill.

As it stands now, a WiFi diagnostic reveals no problems with UMA whatsoever. In fact, I can even make calls on WiFi only. I can hear the other party crystal clear but they can't hear a peep coming from my side.

I've had my bb since August of '08 and I've never had any issues with it.

So, any ideas?
    02-20-09 12:35 AM
    Have you set the phone to wifi preferred?
    02-20-09 01:10 AM
    how new is the phone? maybe you could try reporting to your provider and getting a swap?
    02-20-09 02:01 AM
    What type of connection is your wifi router connected to, is there heavy use such as P2P networking on a PC or anything? I was on wifi over my friends crappy DSL connection, I was in the middle of a call and he started a DL that capped out his bandwith and my call quality became terrible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 03:30 AM
    Have you set the phone to wifi preferred?
    I originally stumbled upon the problem WHILE it was set to wifi-preferred. It kept sporadically disconnecting and connecting to edge even though it said the signal was fine.

how new is the phone? maybe you could try reporting to your provider and getting a swap?
    I bought the phone in August, so it should still be under warranty. I'm still hoping there's some way I can fix it on my own but if I can't resolve the issue by the end of this weekend, I'll be asking for a replacement.

What type of connection is your wifi router connected to, is there heavy use such as P2P networking on a PC or anything? I was on wifi over my friends crappy DSL connection, I was in the middle of a call and he started a DL that capped out his bandwith and my call quality became terrible.
    There is a fair amount of p2p going on, but I've encountered this problem on more than one network. I'll check out the bandwidth anyways, thanks.
    02-20-09 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD