Im in canada and 8320's arent available here so i bought an unlocked t-mobile one off ebay. my first BB so im a n00b.

1. I have a wifi network in my house, i use it all the time and i set it up. when i try and connect i get errors on my bb... like IP address is no longer valid, Authentification X, error code W006.1. Wifi is the only reason i bought a 8320 and not an 8310 or 8300... any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. I cant recieve files via bluetooth.... i can send them but i cant recieve.

3. and im guessing because the phone was originally t-mobile but im using it on the rogers network i cant use BBmessenger... because when i add someone they stay under pending and when they add me i stay under pending on their phone, no invitations make it across

thanks for any help
    03-09-08 06:42 PM
    Im in canada and 8320's arent available here so i bought an unlocked t-mobile one off ebay. my first BB so im a n00b.

1. I have a wifi network in my house, i use it all the time and i set it up. when i try and connect i get errors on my bb... like IP address is no longer valid, Authentification X, error code W006.1. Wifi is the only reason i bought a 8320 and not an 8310 or 8300... any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. I cant recieve files via bluetooth.... i can send them but i cant recieve.

3. and im guessing because the phone was originally t-mobile but im using it on the rogers network i cant use BBmessenger... because when i add someone they stay under pending and when they add me i stay under pending on their phone, no invitations make it across

thanks for any help
    Modifying a phone intended for one network so that it works on another is do-able but it isn't without pain.

There are many settings you'll need to change in the phone. My recommendation is that you find someone at Rogers who knows their stuff and treat them VERY NICELY and see if they'll help you get the settings in your phone changed over.

Keep in mind that somethings ... like UMA ... will just never work because T-Mobile supports things that Rogers doesn't.
    03-09-08 06:59 PM

thanks for any help

Your BBM should still work if you have BB plan. the only thing that I am not sure if it is worth it for you. Especially with how Canadian carrier gouges their customer for BB plan.

I am not sure if generic data plan will work for BB Messenger.

Any canadian user can answer this?
    03-09-08 07:07 PM
    Your BBM should still work if you have BB plan. the only thing that I am not sure if it is worth it for you. Especially with how Canadian carrier gouges their customer for BB plan.

I am not sure if generic data plan will work for BB Messenger.

Any canadian user can answer this?
    true about the canadian carriers being *** expensive, but yea a data plan will work with bbmessenger a friend of mine uses it
    03-09-08 07:10 PM
    true about the canadian carriers being *** expensive, but yea a data plan will work with bbmessenger a friend of mine uses it
    so generic data plan will work?

That's good to know
    03-09-08 07:17 PM
    so generic data plan will work?

That's good to know
    any idea about my bluetooth problem? that isnt carrier specific lol
    03-09-08 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD