Every website with gif files i go to, the files just look like still pictures. Even when i download them, they download as still pictures. On my bb browser and mini opera.
    03-10-08 09:50 AM
    hmmm... gif files look like pictures? Well, gif files are image files, they should look like pictures.

GIF stands for "Graphics Interchange Format".
    03-10-08 09:58 AM
    i said STILL pictures, smart guy, and im talking about animated gif files. if ur not tryna help, then why reply?
    03-10-08 10:01 AM
    i said STILL pictures, smart guy, and im talking about animated gif files. if ur not tryna help, then why reply?
    Whoa, go back and read your post, no where did you say "animated".

And "still" has more than one meaning, "static" or "remains as". Your post was not exactly brimming with details of what you needed or expected. If I misread your intended questions that was never asked, then I will brush up on my ESP.

And you can get your assistance from those around here who wish to help you in the future.
    03-10-08 10:16 AM
    I will brush up on my ESP.
    You do that....
    And you can get your assistance from those around here who wish to help you in the future.
    Sure will!
    03-10-08 10:26 AM
    I have found jsanders to be very helpful on this site. Your question was not exactly clear on what you were looking for.
    03-10-08 10:27 AM
    I have found jsanders to be very helpful on this site. Your question was not exactly clear on what you were looking for.
    ok..... so are u gonna help or not? i dont get it. like whats the point in saying that? i understand my question wasnt clear enough, i cleared it up. BUT i didnt ask u was jsanders helpful or not.
    03-10-08 11:24 AM
    Man you have so learned the way to make friends and get help!

03-10-08 11:37 AM
    ok..... so are u gonna help or not? i dont get it. like whats the point in saying that? i understand my question wasnt clear enough, i cleared it up. BUT i didnt ask u was jsanders helpful or not.
    Sorry, I don't have an answer for your question.

As for your other comments, you are right, you didn't ask if jsanders was helpful. I was only trying to let you know that he is a good resource. It appears that you either got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, have a serious chip on your shoulder, or need to work on your people skills.
    No worry, since you did not have interest in my unsolicited response to you about a good resource, I will not bother you again by responding to your posts.
    03-10-08 11:59 AM
    Hi..I actually have this same question and since it was never really answered I would like to pose it again. Whenever I am sent a message either mms or through email and it should be an animated gif it comes up on my blackberry as a jpeg and is not moving. The thing that I am puzzled about is that it was working fine until about a few weeks ago. The only thing that I did differently is add a memory card but I don't think that would change anything unless there are some settings that I need to fix. If anyone can help I would be much appreciated. If my question isn't clear please let me know and I will try to give more details. Thank you VERY much!
    03-14-08 12:37 AM
    Hey, so a friends sends you an animated *.GIF file via email or MMS, but when it arrives at your BB, it has become a *.JPG file?

I just don't know. First, your BB won't change filenames on you automatically, from GIF to JPG. There has to be something else going on here I don't understand (lol, very very possible).

Adding a media card to your BB doesn't have any effect on something like this.
    03-14-08 06:28 AM
    i have the same quetion but really it does not turn the gif 2 jpg cause when i put the media card in the computer the gif file plays and in the phone it wont
    09-02-08 07:04 PM
    Seems to be a popular issue, I have the same. Just purchased an 8530 cant get animated anything to play. Any clues yet?
    btw...this is my first BB
    02-05-10 08:41 AM
    Open your browser options, General Properties, and change the setting for Repeat Animations.
    02-05-10 09:01 AM
    Tried that and did a hard re-boot but no luck.
    I chose "as many as image specifies"
    02-05-10 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD