Here's all the background info I can think to provide....

My friend and I both have Curve 8330's and we are both using google calendars and google sync. Since it's my job to keep his calendar updated, he also "shares" his google calendar with me (but he doesn't need my misc appts, so I don't share mine with him). I update both calendars online, and sometimes he adds things to his calendar online too. I add appts to my calendar on my BB as well, but he doesn't add things on his BB.

Everything has been working fine until recently. There were 2 recurring appts on his google calendar that ended earlier than expected, so I deleted them from his online calendar by using the delete all in the series (or whatever it says). They delted from the online calendar and when his BB synced, they were gone there too. But when my BB synced it still showed those recurring appts.

I have done a battery pull and re-synced, but they still show up. I don't know what else to try and would welcome suggestions. I'm not very technically inclined, so please DO talk down to me like a 2-yr-old if you have ideas. LOL
    05-22-10 01:58 AM
    Your BB might not have the right default calendar set up. If your gmail address isn't set as your default CICAL calendar, your changes on your BB will not update to your google calendar.

Go to options / advanced / default services. Check your CICAL setting. make sure its your google calendar address.
    05-23-10 11:57 AM
    I checked and my gmail address wasn't the default one, so I changed that and saved the new setting. Then I did a sync....but the appts are still showing up on my BB. The problem is that these appts were deleted from my friend's google calendar, but are not deleting from my BB when it syncs. New appts added to his calendar ARE being added to my BB, and other ones that were deleted online have also been deleted form my BB....just not these recurring ones.

I still can't figure out what else to try.
    05-24-10 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD