My wife tried to synch her 8330 at a Verizon store but they were unable to do it. They told her she was missing the option to disable her phone to put new contacts on. The only advice they gave her was to check and make sure she had the newest software or do a hard reset. I checked her software and it appears to be up to date. I don't know how to do a hard reset on this phone so some advice would be greatly appreciated. They also said the phone (which is used) might have been used on an enterprise system and I have no idea what that means.

Thanks
    01-21-09 05:57 PM
    Wow...Why would be not be able to input new contacts? That's weird....I am...no help on this matter....sorry!
    01-22-09 02:30 AM
    What kind of phone was your wife's previous phone?
    01-22-09 02:32 AM
    Well, to answer your questions, to do a hard reset, pull out the battery while the phone is on, wait 30 seconds or so, then put the battery back in. You'll see it called a "battery pull" here on CB a lot. An "enterprise system" refers to BES, or BlackBerry Enterprise Service, which is a server, normally run by the IT section of a company or a corporation, which basically gives them total control over the configuration of the berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 02:38 AM
    If your wife's phone was formerly on a BES corporate system it may have a restrictive IT policy on it which prevented Verizon from doing the contact transfer.

Here is more information on removing IT policies from Blackberrys:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...lackberry-569/
    01-22-09 02:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD