my whole operating system crashed this weekend on my desktop at home and i spent yesterday doing a repair install (windows xp professional, service pack 2) and...it mostly works but i lost my blackberry desktop software (won't run). so...i went in with a good deinstaller and wiped out all traces of it. but, everything i try to download from blackberry.com or even the CD-ROM won't successfully install the desktop software back on my hard drive.

i'm going a little crazy - not sure where to go for help!

this is what it says after the installation wizard starts doing it's thing and unpacking the program:

"The wizard was interrupted before BlackBerry Desktop Software could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.

Click Finish to exit the wizard."

The "Back" button is grayed out so it's kind of giving me NO CHOICE but to quit. it never pops up with any reason that it was interrupted or pauses. i tried downloading some other things from the website and it didn't like blackberry because of security reasons but i added the whole site to my trusted list so i don't think that's it - especially when i'm trying to do it from the CD sometimes too.

my smartphone isn't looking so smart when i can't get it hooked up to my computer - grrrr!
    07-13-08 11:56 PM
    I have seen reports of problems installing the CD version of Desktop Manager.

Are you able to download from the BlackBerry site? There is an XP service pack 2 version listed, that might clear up the problem.

I believe the later versions, 4.3 and 4.5, are more reliable.
    07-14-08 10:46 AM
    07-14-08 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD