Hello,

I am attempting to get a Clock application for my wife's Curve 8320. I am using this link on the Curve's browser:

www (dot) brothersoft (dot) com/mobile/bigclock-download-187 (dot) html

When I click on the link to download the .jar file, it does not appear to download or install the program. Instead, it is showing me the contents of the file - A bunch of jibberish (the characters are scrambled.) Why does the program not install automatically? How do I make it do so?

Also, is there a file size limit on these? Ones that are 2MB give an error complaining about the size. The link above is less than a MB, and took me a step further.

Any help is appreciated!
    12-28-08 08:37 PM
    The website gives you the option to download the .jad, so download that instead of the .jar.

Here is the link to the .jad, if you visit it from your phones mobile browser it will install. http://www.brothersoft.com/mobile/d_...gclock-444.jad

The .jad file is the program install file, the .jar is something different.
    12-28-08 08:52 PM
    Thank you for your response. I had clicked on the .jad link as well. For me, it showed information about the program (title, version numbers, etc.) but did not install anything. I hit the menu button and did not come across "Install Application" or anything of the like.

What would have been the next step?
    12-30-08 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD