Recent convert to an 8300 since my Treo 680 got destroyed. Definitely like things about the BB better (overall quality and apparent soundness of the operating system) but also liked things about the Treo as well (like a much larger choice of available 3rd party software). I know when I put on the bluetooth it was a snap to sync my headset. One thing I really liked was that when I sync'ed to my car's bluetooth (06 BMW 325i) it uploaded the entire contacts list without a hitch whereas the Palm would only upload what was on the "quick call" list. That was a Palm snafu to be sure.

I bought a copy (first mistake...should have checked it with the trial version first) of BlackBerry Alerts. Granted it really doesn't do a whole lot more than the phone already does, but it does make it easier. The problem is I have loaded and unloaded it several times and it doesn't work! I mean the icon is there...but when you click on it...nothing.

I have loaded a couple of other add-on programs (splash id) and they work without a problem. Anyone else had this issue with this program? Is this an endemic problem with BB add-on software, that is some 3rd party stuff working fine and others not?
    Last edited by SlowRain; 06-12-07 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Additional Info
    06-12-07 04:58 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com and the BlackBerry world...
    06-12-07 05:12 PM
    I never had a problem with BBAlerts.
    01-17-09 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD