Will it auto set time zone or do I have to MANUALLY do this?

John
    12-04-09 04:17 PM
    Will it auto set time zone or do I have to MANUALLY do this?

John
    On a recent trip to Spain I had to manually set. Verizon is my carrier.
    12-04-09 04:18 PM
    A great write up by JeffH as to why.
    12-04-09 04:38 PM
    Mine automatically changes. But I haven't travelled outside Canada or the states yet. I'm with Rogers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 05:12 PM
    Strange why BB does not do the job, when as I recall iPhone does it by default and it has a integrated Calendar.

John
    12-04-09 09:00 PM
    Strange why BB does not do the job, when as I recall iPhone does it by default and it has a integrated Calendar.

John
    The new 5.0 OS has an option to update time zone, but the write up by JeffH, posted above, does an excellent job of stating the reasons as to why.
    12-04-09 09:05 PM
    The new 5.0 OS has an option to update time zone, but the write up by JeffH, posted above, does an excellent job of stating the reasons as to why.
    Why does iPhone do this like a dumb phone, when it has Calendar and all included in its OS?

John
    12-05-09 04:57 AM

John
    From my experience of automatic time or zone setting - don't go there, manual is more reliable. Network support and implementation around the world is inconsistent so auto *will* let you down, and it will pick the most inconvenient time to do it. Like when you're passing through a connection airport with a few hours stopover - but the airline thinks you have 1 hour less than your phone is telling you.
    12-05-09 06:18 AM
    From my experience of automatic time or zone setting - don't go there, manual is more reliable. Network support and implementation around the world is inconsistent so auto *will* let you down, and it will pick the most inconvenient time to do it. Like when you're passing through a connection airport with a few hours stopover - but the airline thinks you have 1 hour less than your phone is telling you.
    From my experience that is incorrect. I have never had a problem with automatic time adjustments. But then again my bB is the 1st smart phone I have owned.
    12-05-09 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD