Hi,

I just got a Blackberry Curve 8330 (Sprint) and would like to transfer many polyphonic ringtones I have on my previous phone, a Sanyo Katana.

All the ringtones come from a site that used to have great ones called 3gforfree.com. The properties of the ringtones read:

version: 1.0
    vendor: 3gforfree.com
    D/L domain: 3gforfree.com
    size: from 19K to 30K

Anyone have any ideas? I am very technically challenged, but I was thinking maybe I could somehow send them to my email and then email them to the new phone? I haven't yet activated the Curve so the Katana is still hooked up to the network.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!
    10-08-08 04:34 PM
    What type of format are your ringtones in? I'm only familiar with MP3 which are the easiest to work with. The curve is very flexible with the media, so e-mailing media files are no problem. You might want to leave them on your computer and just transfer them via USB.

I'm looking for decent ringtones as well, the kind that are preinstalled on other phones. The Iphone has some nice ringtones too. Can I find them there?
    10-08-08 05:59 PM
    I'm not sure what they are. Is there a way to check? I could only see the properties, but so far it seems like I cannot attach them to an outgoing email.

The ringtone site USED to be great - they had polyphonic and real ringtones, but now they have a really limited, not so great selection.

But I did find this other site that you might be interested in - has great selections, but only real ringtones and most of them are free: www (dot) myxertones (dot) com (forward slash) ringtones ...wouldn't let me post a url...

Thanks for your help....
    10-08-08 06:11 PM
    xfer them via bluetooth if your original phone allows it.
    10-08-08 06:51 PM
    There are several threads here that deal with where to get good ring tones. My personal favorite is Free Ringtones from Phonezoo: Make and Download Free Ringtones, Free Mobile Wallpaper and Free Mobile Games and there are TONS of great tones there. I find that downloading them to my PC and then to the phone works very well.

Good luck, and welcome to CB!!
    10-08-08 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD