I am getting a replacement blackberry curve today. I have read that all I have to do is use the desktop manager to transfer the data. Does this also transfer my pictures? Any other help before I get started would be appreciated. thanks!
    04-30-09 03:32 PM
    Yes, use the Switch device wizard in DM and all will be good.
    04-30-09 03:34 PM
    Do a full backup of your current device. The backup file (.ipd) should save into your "My Documents" folder. Once you get the new phone, plug it in to your PC, open up DM, and do a restore using that same .ipd file. I'm not too sure if the pics on the phone memory will be backed up as well because I use a memory card.

If they don't, turn on mass storage mode on your old device and your folders will show up in "My Computer" as a drive and you can save your pics and drag them to your new phone.
    04-30-09 03:35 PM
    Yes, use the Switch device wizard in DM and all will be good.
    Yep the best and easiest way to switch everything over. Never failed me yet. Just used it today.
    04-30-09 03:36 PM
    Althoough, to add, when I switched from the 8320 to the 8330 - my contacts didnt transfer, I used outlook for that.
    04-30-09 03:40 PM
    Yep the best and easiest way to switch everything over. Never failed me yet. Just used it today.
    Is the device switch wizard technically the same as restoring a backup file?
    04-30-09 03:40 PM
    A 8330 (verizon) that I just recieved a same model replacement for. Do I use the Restore function or the Device Switch Wizard to upload to the new blackberry? I've backed up my current phone.
    The Verizon person I spoke with briefly said to use the restore function and that I'd have to reset all my email info and I'd have a new PIN. Is this correct?
    05-05-09 09:26 AM
    A 8330 (verizon) that I just recieved a same model replacement for. Do I use the Restore function or the Device Switch Wizard to upload to the new blackberry? I've backed up my current phone.
    The Verizon person I spoke with briefly said to use the restore function and that I'd have to reset all my email info and I'd have a new PIN. Is this correct?
    You can do it either way.

Yes, that is correct you will probably have to setup your email accounts and you will have a new PIN.
    05-05-09 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD