Boxing up a Curve 8320 tonight and want to wipe it but not getting the Bold until Thursday. Can I use Desktop Manager to transfer my Curve stuff tonight and then connect my Bold on Thursday to transfer the stuff i.e. paid for themes then? It asked mt for the old and new pin just now but I don't know the new one yet.
    Thanks
    Doug
    12-16-08 01:29 PM
    I recommend you don't wipe your Curve until after you've successfully transferred all your data to your new Bold. You can use the Switch Device Wizard in Desktop Manager for that purpose. It requires you to have both devices available.
    12-16-08 01:32 PM
    My sentiments exactly.
    12-16-08 01:34 PM
    Yes, it is possible to do this but i agree... wait until you get the new one and successfully transferred before the device wipe.
    12-16-08 01:36 PM
    Thanks folks but this goes before the other one arrives! Am I snookered then!
    Doug
    12-16-08 01:37 PM
    Thanks folks but this goes before the other one arrives! Am I snookered then!
    Doug
    No, you can back up the Curve, wipe it, ship it, and restore your backup on your Bold. But in case the backup is corrupted, I'd make at least two. Also, if you sync with Outlook, it can serve as a backup as well.
    12-16-08 01:46 PM
    Boxing up a Curve 8320 tonight and want to wipe it but not getting the Bold until Thursday. Can I use Desktop Manager to transfer my Curve stuff tonight and then connect my Bold on Thursday to transfer the stuff i.e. paid for themes then? It asked mt for the old and new pin just now but I don't know the new one yet.
    Thanks
    Doug
    BTW, I'm pretty sure themes are model-specific and won't transfer to the Bold.
    12-16-08 01:55 PM
    Think you are right about the themes - what a plonker I am! Will take a note of what they are and redownload them.
    And Jeff, can a Curve backup be put back on a Bold?
    Doug
    12-16-08 02:00 PM
    Backed up twice. And the last thing - how do I do a master reset please?
    Thanks
    12-16-08 02:15 PM
    Options / Security Settings / General Settings, Menu / Wipe Handheld.

12-16-08 02:56 PM
    Thank you, doing it now. And can I do the restore from Desktop Manager to the Bold even though it came from the Curve?
    Doug
    12-16-08 02:58 PM
    I don't see why not, you specify which backup file you want for restore. The file structures are unchanged between devices.
    12-16-08 03:10 PM
    Thanks, much appreciated.
    Doug
    12-16-08 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD