I am trying to figure out how to transfer address book from my i880 motorola phone to my new bb curve. Does anybody have any suggestions how to do this.
    12-26-08 01:27 PM
    Honestly, the best way would be to go to a cellphone store and have them copy the SIM card over.
    12-26-08 01:32 PM
    I was informed that if you are using Outlook Express the are unable to transfer the address book. However you can transer it if you just use Outlook. But not Express.

Thats what they told me.
    12-26-08 02:00 PM
    I was informed that if you are using Outlook Express the are unable to transfer the address book. However you can transer it if you just use Outlook. But not Express.

Thats what they told me.
    You have been fed Bull manure I am afraid. The BlackBerry can sync perfectly with both Outlook and with Outlook Express (Windows Mail under Vista). The only limitations inherrent to Outlook Express is that it does not support Calender, Tasks and Notes.
    12-26-08 02:12 PM
    Honestly, the best way would be to go to a cellphone store and have them copy the SIM card over.
    No way to use the DM Device Switch Wizard with this phone, sunkast? I am not familiar with it.
    12-26-08 02:14 PM
    I transferred my address book from my Samsung SGH-a437 (crappy little phone), but I first had to save all of my numbers one by one from the Samsung to the SIM card, something most people never do when they save a name and number into thier phone. Once they were saved to the SIM card, it was as simple as transferring the SIM card to the BB and running the Setup Wizard.
    12-26-08 02:18 PM
    No way to use the DM Device Switch Wizard with this phone, sunkast? I am not familiar with it.
    Pretty sure there isn't. It's an old Nextel device. I had an i730 and there wasn't any way.
    12-26-08 02:20 PM
    I am trying to figure out how to transfer address book from my i880 motorola phone to my new bb curve. Does anybody have any suggestions how to do this.
    My seller transferred all phone book data from my i880 to the BB8330 for me.
    Went very smoothy. I don't know what they used but any Sprint/Nextel store should be able to do it.
    Good Luck!
    12-26-08 02:25 PM
    I need to transfer my contacts from my rokr. I upgraded to the newest OS and forgot to back them up first.

Since this OS isn't supported by my carrier, will I have any problems transferring my contacts? Will they overwrite my newer OS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 03:23 PM
    Can anyone please tell me how to transfer contacts from Alltel phone (no sim) to my new Curve? Please help..
    02-26-09 11:38 AM
    It's been a long time since I had a Nextel phone, but didn't they used to have a service to upload/download your contacts online?
    02-26-09 12:12 PM
    You should be able to transfer your contacts via Bluetooth if the older device has that option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 03:14 PM
    I have found a good way to transfer contacts from another phone to your blackberry. I have a mac but I'm sure it will work with windows as well... First of all transfer all of your contacts to your computer in to a seperate folder (I did it using bluetooth). Then simply enable the mass storage option for your sd card. Then copy the fold that all of your contacts in .vcf format are in to your media card. Explore your media card in your blackberry. As you select each contact it will ask you if you want to add to your address book, then viola. It isn't the easiest, but it is the quickest I have found so far... Hope that helps...
    03-03-09 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD