Hi!
    I am a new blackberry user and I have the 8300 from Verizon. I was able to get to the Media Manager with my USB cable and all and was even able to transfer some songs from my music I had already on my computer. The problem I am having is that I cannot get any of my songs that I have already paid for from ITunes to transfer over! Help! What the heck am I doing wrong????
    06-28-08 11:42 AM
    First off, welcome.
    Since your on Verizon, you have an 8330 not the 8300.
    As for the iTunes Sync, there is some software that is being worked on by BlackBerry and there was a download link on their serve, but I think it has been pulled for the time being. The main issue your having with the songs you bought on iTunes is DRM (Digital Rights Management) which is preventing you from using those files. There are software out there to remove the DRM and would probable get you around the trouble your having.
    06-28-08 12:37 PM
    BlackBerry MediaSync

The article is about halfway down the page
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-28-08 at 01:03 PM.
    06-28-08 12:53 PM
    Thank you so much for your VERY helpful hints and info for downloading my itunes music to my phone. I already downloaded the mediasync! Can't wait to try it out!
    06-30-08 09:26 AM
    If you want to transfer protected music that you own..... You can also unprotect it using soundtaxi and then move it over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 11:42 AM
    Whenever I need to move transfer protected Itunes music, I burn it to a CD in standard audio format and then rip it to MP3 format to do whatever I want. Its a work around, but I don't download a bunch of music at a time especially since I can plug my ipod into my car so it works for me.
    06-30-08 11:46 AM
    seems kinda backwards to burn to Audio.. then re-convert back to either AAC or MP3 format.... but if that is what you want to do .... then I reckon that works for ya.

I tend to like Sound Taxi ...... because it will convert so many different formats to whatever format you want. To me it is easier/more efficient to take one file type and auto-convert it or create a new copy (to keep your protected one protected) of the file directly on the PC without extra hoops. I've been using sound-taxi for some time and really does work great at taking protected DRM files into non-protected ones so you can take 'em with you.
    06-30-08 11:52 AM
    seems kinda backwards to burn to Audio.. then re-convert back to either AAC or MP3 format.... but if that is what you want to do .... then I reckon that works for ya.

I tend to like Sound Taxi ...... because it will convert so many different formats to whatever format you want. To me it is easier/more efficient to take one file type and auto-convert it or create a new copy (to keep your protected one protected) of the file directly on the PC without extra hoops. I've been using sound-taxi for some time and really does work great at taking protected DRM files into non-protected ones so you can take 'em with you.
    It's not backwards when you don't have a problem to do it for you. I've never heard of Sound taxi and every one I looked at costed money so i wasn't paying it. If this is free, I'll take a look at it. But I don't mind creating a CD and then ripping it. Usually my wife takes the CD and listens to it in her car so I'm actually doing two things at once.
    06-30-08 02:24 PM
    Protected iTunes music cannot be used on other devices besides your computer and iPod without stripping the DRM from them!!

That is why iTunes Store started selling DRM-free music. From now on, I would purchase music without the DRM!!

And there is third party apps for your desktop to remove DRM from mp3s...
    06-30-08 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD