I recently got the blackberry 8310, and i would like to transfer ringtones to it. I bought the USB cord and everything..
    What website do i need to download the bb desktop manager?

I need the most simple and easiest way to this. All i want is just 4-5 songs, thats why i dont have the memory card.

Please help me in detail
    04-15-09 10:52 PM
    there ya go:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    dl v4.6 the newest one is buggy.
    04-15-09 10:55 PM
    I went on that site before.
    I downloaded it, and nothing showed up after it was installed. Just said connect the bb to the pc.. which I did, and it said it doesnt read it.

Theres also no option for ''8310''

so maybe thats why.. idk

is there an easier process to do this? where they dont ask for my address..etc
    Last edited by Exstacy; 04-15-09 at 11:02 PM.
    04-15-09 11:00 PM
    I went on that site before.
    I downloaded it, and nothing showed up after it was installed. Just said connect the bb to the pc.. which I did, and it said it doesnt read it.

Theres also no option for ''8310''

so maybe thats why.. idk

is there an easier process to do this? where they dont ask for my address..etc
    If you downloaded and installed the Desktop Software to your computer. Go to your Start Button click, go to Programs, then look for Blakberry, expand that tab and click on Desktop Manager. Wait till it loads and connect your phone.
    04-15-09 11:09 PM
    you probably dl'd a device software.. are you sure you downloaded desktop software v4.6?
    04-15-09 11:13 PM
    He probably downloaded it but didnt install it.
    04-15-09 11:17 PM
    He probably downloaded it but didnt install it.
    when they said "there was no option for 8310" that made me think they tried to download device software..
    04-15-09 11:23 PM
    I just followed the link, I dont know the difference. It said to pick the phone model, and wheni clicked the arrow there was NO blackberry curve 8310 option.

I did install it, and when i connected it, it said ''does not read model''

04-16-09 12:15 AM
    so, you still dont have a dm on your computer? try this link, it is the exact version you need:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...0EFDB691DC6F0C
    just fill out the info and proceed..
    i will get you the desktop manager... stick with me..
    04-16-09 01:10 AM
    I just followed the link, I dont know the difference. It said to pick the phone model, and wheni clicked the arrow there was NO blackberry curve 8310 option.

this tells me that you are trying to dl the device software.. you do not want device software. you want desktop software. follow my above link and you should be on your way.
    04-16-09 01:14 AM

When you click on the link and it reads "Select Product", it doesn't mean your phone model. You want to select "BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.6 ".
    04-16-09 06:12 AM
    I followed your exact link, and its already installed.. how do i start transfering ringtones to it?

thank you so much for ur help!
    04-16-09 10:03 PM
    youre better off transfering ringtones a different way. where are the ringtones you want transfered? are they on a site somewhere or are they on your comp?
    04-16-09 10:18 PM
    if they are on a site, just email them to yourself. if they are on your comp, just plug your berry into the comp, and when your berry prompts you enable mass storage mode, and DONT open desktop manager. go to your computers area that shows all of your drives(c: d: etc) and you will see your berry in there as a removable drive. click on it and then open up the ringtone folder. drag and drop the ringtones in there and you are home free.
    04-16-09 10:22 PM
    i wish i wouldve read this before i started.. i opened the dm and transfered a few ringtones stored in my pc, and a few piks.

Why wasnt i supposed to open the desktop manager?

- also how/where do enable the massive storage space? Do i need to do it through the PC?
    04-16-09 11:05 PM
    if you had a media card(which im not sure you do) right when you plug your phone in, the phone will prompt you to enable mass staorage mode. when you enable it, it lets you add media to your card and not to the device itself. i think you might have just added the pics and tones to your device, which is fine, but you eventually will want to get a media card. if you dont, you will more than likely run into memory problems in the future.
    04-17-09 01:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD