Please bare with me. I'm a newbie here. I have searched the forums here on Crackberry and have not found an answer to my question. Here's my problem.

I sync my Palm TX at the office to capture all my calendar data (no problems syncing). We exclusively use MSOutlook through Exchange at the office. Now that I have the new Curve, the problem I face is how to get my Palm data onto my Curve. One of the problem is my WinXP Pro SP2 runs on an Intel Apple G5 in Parallels Virtualization and my Blackberry Desktop will not sync my Outlook data to the Curve. I am getting a "you need an Internet connection to sync with your blackberry device." error. I have Internet connection on my WinXP which it gets it through the Mac, but for some reason, my BB desktop software does not recognize this, so not data transferred to my Curve.

My next option was to install BB desktop at home and attempt to retrieve the data using the "switch device wizard", but it appears that option was designed for a palm smartphone like the Treo and not their TX PDA lines. When I select the "Switch from another device to a Blackberry device", the wizard directs me to select between a Palm device or a WM device but does not allow me to select either option. The options are grayed out. To make matters more complicated, at home I exclusively use Eudora not Outlook, so syncing data takes place using Palm Desktop ver. 6.2.2. I prefer not to install Outlook. So at this point in time, I'm STUCK.

Does anyone on this forum have any insight on how I get my Palm TX data onto my Verizon Blackberry Curve, without using Outlook? My final option is to install BB desktop on a separate PC at the office just for the purpose of syncing my BB Curve to Outlook. What a hassel. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
    05-09-08 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD