Hello,

Can someone explain me how to go about changing over from my Treo 680 to a BB 8310. I dont use email on my Treo (have been syncing all other information with Palm Desktop Software) but would like to move over all my contact information and notes and stuff. I have outlook on my PC as well if that helps anything. Is there some sort of a program? Can someone walk me through this. I really need help ASAP.
    08-01-08 08:46 AM
    Sorry I can't be of much help with the transfer but congrats on your new Curve!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 08:50 AM
    first of all, congrats! I made the same move almost a year ago.

Ok, it depends on which version of hotsync manager that you are using, but this is basically the process...

first, switch the sync on your treo from syncing with palm desktop software, to Microsoft Outlook. This can be done (on most versions) from the start menu.
    It was something like start->all programs-> and then I believe it was called palm sync conduit...click that and there should be a box that pops up that gives you the option to sync with outlook.

If you can't do it that way, you may have to dig around a bit in the palm desktop software and find where the option is, because I think it changed with newer versions.

anyway, once this is done, re-sync your palm, and all of your contacts, memo's, tasks, and calendar should be synced into outlook.

now toss your treo, and bring out your new blackberry ;-)

download/install the BB desktop manager (DM) and click the sync button. configure the settings so that it syncs everything with Outlook.

Plug in your berry....and presto!...it all should be there!
    08-01-08 09:01 AM
    Welcome to the wonderful world of CrackBerry!

But please don't post the same question twice - it's really not needed, and actually not allowed.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f21/how...-8310-a-57439/
    08-01-08 09:03 AM
    Sorry I just was not sure which catagory to post in and I thought if I posted in the "other devices" thread and say i switched to a BB i would get eaten alive. I will not post double again, i understand!

I hope this work Jhill!! Thanks for the info!
    08-01-08 09:16 AM
    Sorry I just was not sure which catagory to post in and I thought if I posted in the "other devices" thread and say i switched to a BB i would get eaten alive. I will not post double again, i understand!

No problem.

You should be able to get switched over with no issues. It's been almost a year since I did it, but it went quite smoothly.
    08-01-08 09:18 AM
    Congrats on the "upgrade"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 09:18 AM

ya, it should work. post back if you have problems, or refer to the other guide.

good luck and welcome to CB!
    08-01-08 09:21 AM
    So just to clarify, when I switch the sync option to sync to my outlook, everything will be transfered including calendar, contacts...
    08-01-08 10:27 AM
    So just to clarify, when I switch the sync option to sync to my outlook, everything will be transfered including calendar, contacts...
    yes it should. I don't remember exactly, but there might be an option for each application to sync with outlook or desktop software. If there isn't, then I'm pretty sure it will automatically sync all the apps (contacts, calendar, etc) with outlook.

again, once you have it in front of you, it will make more sense, and if not, post questions!
    08-01-08 10:34 AM
    So if I dont have Outlook I am Outoluck on this one???
    11-02-08 05:47 PM
    So if I dont have Outlook I am Outoluck on this one???

I have the same question, no outlook, but i do have outlook express.
    10-07-09 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD