Hey all -

I'm getting rid of my curve tomorrow & Getting a storm. I was wondering if there is anyway I can use my mini SD card and transfer my contacts over to it? instead of having to write them all down.

and if it has to do with the desktop manager, can someone explain how to do so? =)

Thanks
    01-29-09 07:49 PM
    Not to the SD nope
    but you can use Switch Devices in DM for it.
    01-29-09 07:53 PM
    Cannot store them to the SD card. If you have outlook, use the Desktop software to sync them over to there. You might be able backup advanced options to backup just the contacts, but will refer to another at this time as I would need to research how this is exactly done and do not have time right now. Also you can use the switch device wizard
    01-29-09 07:54 PM
    Switch device wizard would be where? I'm buying mine Used, and she's coming to my house, and I doubt she wants to come into my house and wait for me to transfer contacts lol.
    01-29-09 07:56 PM
    Its in DM, as you open it up, right there on the main screen, it doesnt take long at all..
    01-29-09 08:00 PM
    Where are you buying your phone? If its at a retail store they should be able to do that for you, they should have what is called a CelleBrite machine that will transfer all your info, contacts, pics and all....
    01-29-09 08:03 PM
    Ah. I Already said I was buying this phone Used. She's coming to my home tomorrow, and i'm paying her and giving her my curve for the storm. I Doubt she'll wanna step inside while i transfer contacts lol. I guess I'll just write them all down.
    01-29-09 08:11 PM
    Do it before she gets there and just leave the program screen open.
    01-29-09 08:14 PM
    Oh. Sorry I missed that part! Well I apologize, and sorry I put al that useless info out for ya!
    01-29-09 08:18 PM
    Nah. Not useless info it was good info if i was going Retail or her coming w/ me to Verizon.

And Yeah. I didn't think about that. So i can leave the screen open in DM and just plug in the storm, and it'll work? Any confirmation of this?
    01-29-09 08:27 PM
    I hope you've checked with VZW to make sure all is well with the swap before she makes off with your Curve/money.

And yes - that is a workable option. Backup, change device, then connect Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 08:30 PM
    Wow, letting your Curve go for a Storm.

What if you don't like the Storm.
    01-29-09 08:39 PM
    I hope you've checked with VZW to make sure all is well with the swap before she makes off with your Curve/money.

And yes - that is a workable option. Backup, change device, then connect Storm.

I Actually called Verizon about this because my account has a past due balance, and i asked if that would make a difference swapping out ESN's, and they said no. so if she's in the same position, it won't matter. as far as I know, she's been texting on it, and sending me emails from her @ Blackberry email.

But your right. Thats one thing I was worried about. I'm actually thinking of making her call verizon from my house and doing the switch, so if they tell her No, I'll be right there and tell her to gtfo of my home lol
    01-29-09 08:53 PM
    Google sync is a very easy way to transfer ur contacts I don't have too much experience with it tho

01-29-09 11:08 PM
    GAH. I Forgot that was an option. I Even have the google three pack thing on my phone. argh. I Just went ahead and wrote them all down on my computer. easiest way i guess lol
    01-30-09 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD