I am helping a friend transfer his contacts from his blackberry to a new samsung device. Well, I'm trying to help.

Can this be done? If anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated.
    06-12-09 01:55 PM
    I'm not sure if that can be done, I can't remember correctly but on the BlackBerry Desktop Manager program, there's a function to "switch devices". I'm not sure if its to transfer data from a BB to a non-BB device, or visa versa. I'm not at home so I can't confirm it. I have it installed on my home PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 02:47 PM
    I do believe you can do it through the BB Desktop Manager, have you checked the "Switch Device" option?
    06-12-09 03:02 PM
    What Samsung device did your friend get? Is a Winmo? if it is then you can install Active sync for windows XP or use media device center for windows Vista to sync the device to outlook. I assume that they were syncing their BB to outlook before of course
    06-12-09 03:40 PM
    Another option to consider would be bluetooth.

I transferred the address book to a Motorola phone via bluetooth once.

06-12-09 04:44 PM
    I do believe you can do it through the BB Desktop Manager, have you checked the "Switch Device" option?
    I checked last nite when I got home from work, and under "switch device" in the BB desktop manager program, and u can transfer data from a non BB device to a BB devide, or from BB to BB, but not the other way around. I would check samsungs website for some help pertaining to this.

06-13-09 03:26 AM
    how to transfer
    06-18-13 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD