Changed to sprint for the instinct, but it just isnt smooth enough for me. I have yet to own a Blackberry but I am very techy and I love to get my hands on the latest devices with all the goodies. I am a recent grad and have started a job in Project management for a large company. Blackberries are not necessary by any means, but I am wondering if the Curve is a nice intregration between Fun/Business/Messaging/ and Organization..

Let me know, I would love to have cons/pros and not just Crackberry lover repsonses that give the device a "halo" effect. be critical if possible
    07-08-08 02:12 PM
    I played with the Instict in the Sprint store a couple days ago... walked out laughing. Honestly, I don't think the Instict can even compare to the Curve. I would definitly UPGRADE to the Curve if I were you. To me the Instict is more of a teenage flashy toy.
    Last edited by mr.jcarter; 07-08-08 at 02:33 PM.
    07-08-08 02:17 PM
    A buddy of mine has/had a Instict.. until he saw what my Curve would do Really no Comparision get the CURVE !
    07-08-08 02:19 PM
    Yeah they claimed it was an iphone killer. And it is a nice idea, just executed poorly. But for sprint there is very limited options in phones, the reason I picked them is because it is the only phone I get service with at my home. Any critisims about the curve that you can tell me. I heard the brower isnt good, no wifi (with sprint), anything else that bugs you or do you suggest another smart phone other than the curve to fit fun with business and organization?
    07-08-08 02:21 PM
    Honestly, the opinions you get here will probably be a little bias. That being said, there is no comparison between the Instinct and the Curve. The Curve is a grown folk's phone.
    The Curve is a smart phone. The Instinct? Not so much. You can add whatever 3rd party apps you could possibly want/need to the Curve. With the Instinct, you are stuck with what the manufacturers put on there. Period. No add onds, no mods, done and done. The Curve also features the full qwerty keyboard with amazing response, and a large screen with awesome graphics. I'm not sure about the Instinct in this department, so I won't say either way. The Curve is mainly directed toward business use, however like I said, you can add an aray of 3rd party apps for entertainment purposes as well. All in all, go with the Curve. You won't be disappointed.
    07-08-08 02:21 PM
    Honestly, the opinions you get here will probably be a little bias. That being said, there is no comparison between the Instinct and the Curve. The Curve is a grown folk's phone.
    The Curve is a smart phone. The Instinct? Not so much. You can add whatever 3rd party apps you could possibly want/need to the Curve. With the Instinct, you are stuck with what the manufacturers put on there. Period. No add onds, no mods, done and done. The Curve also features the full qwerty keyboard with amazing response, and a large screen with awesome graphics. I'm not sure about the Instinct in this department, so I won't say either way. The Curve is mainly directed toward business use, however like I said, you can add an aray of 3rd party apps for entertainment purposes as well. All in all, go with the Curve. You won't be disappointed.
    Well... not so much. I agree with everything else you said, but the ability to install 3rd party apps isn't much of "pro" for Blackberry. I'm not trying to make this into a debate on "Well, you should have to pay anyway", "Wait! No it should be free!", but if one is interested in installing 3rd party apps, Windows Mobile is definitely where you wanna go.

With that being said though, and having come from a WM device, I feel the BB doesn't really require that many 3rd party apps to run how I like it to. Unlike WM where a majority of 3rd party apps where needed to make up for things MS forgot, 3rd party apps for the BB just add more fun and functionality.
    07-08-08 02:28 PM
    Well... not so much. I agree with everything else you said, but the ability to install 3rd party apps isn't much of "pro" for Blackberry. I'm not trying to make this into a debate on "Well, you should have to pay anyway", "Wait! No it should be free!", but if one is interested in installing 3rd party apps, Windows Mobile is definitely where you wanna go.

With that being said though, and having come from a WM device, I feel the BB doesn't really require that many 3rd party apps to run how I like it to. Unlike WM where a majority of 3rd party apps where needed to make up for things MS forgot, 3rd party apps for the BB just add more fun and functionality.
    But WM isn't even an option in the OP's mind, apparently, so.......... I didn't even feel the need to bring that device into the equation.
    There are tons of great free 3rd party apps out there for Blackberries, if you just do enough searching and digging. And even the ones that DO cost money aren't expensive and are worth it, for the most part.
    07-08-08 02:30 PM
    I have to say I am a gadget freak as well. As soon as I found out about the Instinct I was determined to have it. I researched the Instinct for weeks (before it came out) and then I found the Curve. I think I spent a month researching all that both phones can do and after careful consideration I chose the Curve. I have had the phone for a few weeks and this is the BEST phone I have ever used. All of the features I have ever wanted with a phone are right here in one handet. Go with the Curve... you will be happy you did!
    07-08-08 02:37 PM
    not a curve owner yet (will be in acouple days!), you cant go wrong with a BB. im not a business man yet or anything so i basically use mine for fun/messeging and it does the job well. yes, they browser sux, but Opera Mini is a great free browser which an amazing job rendering pages and future OS upgrades will improve the native browser alot.
    07-08-08 02:42 PM
    Sorry OP, by no means am I trying to hiijack but...

jenawins: The OP said in his post that Blackberries are not necessary and that he wanted a critical opinion and what I gave him was. Sure he asked specifically about the Curve but let's be open minded here... I'm a BB lover just like you. Regarding the 3rd party apps, you and I both know that the "tons" of apps you speak of which are free are hardly "great". And regarding the ones the ones that DO cost, well let me just say your and mine definition of "aren't expensive" are totally different.

But back to the subject, the Curve trumps the Instinct in every way I can think of.
    07-08-08 02:45 PM
    Sorry OP, by no means am I trying to hiijack but...

jenawins: The OP said in his post that Blackberries are not necessary and that he wanted a critical opinion and what I gave him was. Sure he asked specifically about the Curve but let's be open minded here... I'm a BB lover just like you. Regarding the 3rd party apps, you and I both know that the "tons" of apps you speak of which are free are hardly "great". And regarding the ones the ones that DO cost, well let me just say your and mine definition of "aren't expensive" are totally different.

But back to the subject, the Curve trumps the Instinct in every way I can think of.
    I think that is a matter of opinion but.... Ok. You're entitled to your thoughts.
    07-08-08 02:47 PM
    Alright. I will see about exchanging my phone. I think I get a 30 day exchange period. I hope that I can use it on the curve and just pay the difference. Has anyone tried this?
    07-08-08 02:47 PM
    Alright. I will see about exchanging my phone. I think I get a 30 day exchange period. I hope that I can use it on the curve and just pay the difference. Has anyone tried this?
    Most carriers give you 30 days to try the phone. If you don't like it you can simply take it back. I don't see why, that being said, they wouldn't let you just trade it in for the Curve, then pay the difference like you said if the Curve is more. Shouldn't be a problem.
    07-08-08 02:50 PM
    Well i hope its the case. Just so i know, the curve doesnt have Wifi right?
    07-08-08 02:57 PM
    Well i hope its the case. Just so i know, the curve doesnt have Wifi right?
    Don't quote me, but I believe the Tmo Curve has Wifi... Don't think any others do though.. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    07-08-08 02:59 PM
    Well I have sprint. I am looking all over to see if it has wifi, GPS navigation, or AIM capability
    07-08-08 03:04 PM
    Don't quote me, but I believe the Tmo Curve has Wifi... Don't think any others do though.. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    The T-Mobile 8320 has Wi-Fi, but no GPS.
    07-08-08 04:49 PM
    Well I have sprint. I am looking all over to see if it has wifi, GPS navigation, or AIM capability
    The Sprint (or Verizon) doesn't have Wi-Fi. Does have GPS, though not sure if Sprint locks it to their software like Verizon does. There are a bunch of IM Clients that will work with AIM.
    07-08-08 04:51 PM
    The Sprint (or Verizon) doesn't have Wi-Fi. Does have GPS, though not sure if Sprint locks it to their software like Verizon does. There are a bunch of IM Clients that will work with AIM.
    The Sprint curve comes with AIM, GoogleTalk and Yahoo. You get MSN working with a little effort.

And it is not locked I have used google maps, nav4all and trapster all access the built-in GPS without problems. If you go with a sprint SE plan you get unlimited navigation with the built in telenav application.
    Last edited by brinky; 07-08-08 at 05:02 PM.
    07-08-08 04:59 PM
    I have the Curve through sprint and gotta love it. Especially with the all in plan and you dont have to pay extra for the BIS service. I didn 't like my friend's Instinct but who am I to bust her bubble right. Come to the dark side, the Blackberry Side.... lol
    07-08-08 05:33 PM
    blackberry is king.
    07-08-08 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD