close.....
    Last edited by Mister Era; 11-30-09 at 07:26 PM.
    01-01-08 05:36 AM
    I guess insurance is the only way to go..
    01-01-08 03:47 PM
    Ok, Friday, 12/21, I lost my BB in school. ( )

I realized it an hour later, mainly because i dont use it during the following class.
    School dismissed, i ran home, called it for an hour, no answer (duh).

few minutes later, whaddya know! it goes to voicemail.
    someone shut it off, or ripped my sim card out (tmobile), and did god knows what with it.

The twist...

My BB is password protected! (tooshay!)
    I have my contact info on the screen!

Living in NY, i highly doubt anyone will call, as its been a week and a half, and tmobile said they cant track my phone, because they only track missing peoples phones.

Cutting to the chase!

Is there anyway i can find my phone using gps?
    Can i get all my 321095761 phone numbers and emails back?
    Is myTmobile.com really that useless that it cant help me find my phone!?
    And what good is a tmobile 8320, if its password protected?

PM's or responses would be GREATLY appriciated.

*Sorry for the enthusiasm and remarks. Just trying to keep a positive attitude during times of suffering.
    **Yes i have insurance, trying to avoid the $110, i owe tmobile $400 already. (dont ask lol)
    ***Hopefully this thread can be used to get alot of info together for those unfortunate few who have lost their BB's and would like to know all the details on how to find it or cope with the loss.

Not much you can do. If you password protected the device then that protects your data from being lifted. It doesn't protect the device from ever being used again. If the password is entered 10 times wrong then the device will be wiped and someone can enter a new password and use the phone. You need to have your carrier turn it off so you don't get big bills from calls to Africa.

You can only get your data back if you made backups or sync'd with Outlook or the like.

Good luck.

~John
    01-01-08 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD