Hey guys, i have a problem :x
    So my trackball goes all over the place on my phone, without me touching it

Ex; i'll click my msg box, and the selecter thing will go up up and down really really fast. i can't control it..

i think its a moisture problem, but im not really sure.

help?! thanks in advance :]
    10-24-09 04:43 PM
    get a dust can and spray around the trackball....I also use clorox sp? wipes and gently go over the trackball to clean the color. However, you probably need to remove the trackball. There are posts on here and youtube on how to do this.
    If you don't feel comfortable, replace the device.
    10-24-09 04:47 PM
    i dont think the trackball is the problem, because i dont need to touch it for the blackberry to move
    10-24-09 05:03 PM
    it could be something jammed between the trackball and the sensor possibly making it think that you are scrolling......

BTW welcome to CB....
    10-24-09 05:11 PM
    Try a battery pull and that should fix it if its a software issue. Have you had any liquids spilt on it before?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 06:47 PM
    I would also just take the trackball out and see if the problem continues, if so, hardware issue. Has the device come in contact with any water?
    10-24-09 06:48 PM
    Clean it with a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol or windex. And check the sensitivity under options>screen/keyboard.
    10-24-09 07:09 PM
    i think it might have some water, but not alot. i'm pretty sure its not the trackball itself because it keeps on moving even when the trackball is out.
    10-24-09 08:19 PM
    i think it might have some water, but not alot. i'm pretty sure its not the trackball itself because it keeps on moving even when the trackball is out.
    The tiniest bit of liquid can hurt your curve. Even steam from the shower can ruin it. And yes, the trackball alone is not the problem. How long ago did the liquid come in contact with your curve? If it was just recently, throw it in a bag of rice for a few days. 3 to be on the safe side and see if that fixes it.
    10-24-09 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD