i tried takin the ball out and cleaning inside...did everything execpt clean the ball itself...too scared to take the mechanism apart...any one have any suggestions...im upgrading in about a month so i dont wanna have to buy a replacement ball
    02-03-10 01:28 PM
    Did you insert the ball the correct way? Not sure if you can put it in wrong. Just a suggestion.
    02-03-10 01:53 PM
    I had that problem about 2 weeks ago. I used a Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol to
    clean my trackball. First, I blotted the Q-tip on a paper towel, so it wouldn't be too
    wet. Then, I kept rolling the trackball until it was scrolling smoothly "down" as well
    as side to side and up.

Now, its working fine.
    02-03-10 02:03 PM
    Thanks for responding but I was too quick to post my issue. Lol. About 3 minutes after I posted my trackball started working like new again... And I do believe u can put it back in the wrong way

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 03:02 AM
    This happens with my trackball sometimes. It generally clears up after a couple of minutes though.
    02-04-10 08:28 AM
    A quick and simple way is to turn your bb upside down on something like a desk calendar and press down lightly as you roll it around in circles. You can hear when it rolls freely in every direction. This seems to take the oils off the ball and gets mine working every time.
    02-04-10 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD