hey, experienced user, long time reader, first time poster.

i've had my curve for a little while, had a pearl for a while before that, and i dont know if i noticed this problem before i installed .81 on my curve. but every now and then when i pulled it out of my pocket it would be out of standby even though i was pretty sure i put it in standby before i dumped it in my pocket. i just figured this was me, and forgot about it. but then today i was playing around with it and i discovered something disturbing. if the screen was on (as in, it displayed anything about the phone going into, or being in standby) i could get it to come out of standby by just scrolling around quickly on the trackball. this only seemed to happen when the screen was activated, as in, just after pushing the mute button, or any of the 4 buttons beside the trackball. i thought it might be something to do with .81, so i just upgraded to .93, but i can still get it to come out of standby with the trackball. not a big deal, and i'm sure there are plenty of helpful suggestions like using the keylock instead, or the pouch, but this seems like something that i havent seen mentioned before in my (admittedly limited) time reading this forum. i dont suppose there will be an actual solution to this issue, so really i was just wondering if anyone else had heard about it.
    10-21-08 10:17 PM
    this may seem like a silly question, but...

when you say "standby" are you referring to sending the phone into standby mode by holding the mute button, or just when the screen shuts off due to inactivity?

of course, if it is the latter, then the trackball will always wake up the screen.

-randy
    10-21-08 10:59 PM
    yeah, the mute button standby
    10-21-08 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD