I've been using the 8330 for a long time, since March, and this is the first trackball replacement i've ever had to do.

I don't even know where to start, actually. I've never done it before?
    10-30-10 03:55 PM

That should help you out a little bit
    10-30-10 04:00 PM
    thanks. can you actually buy different colors?
    10-30-10 04:05 PM
    Yeah you can on ebay. I've never bought any myself, but I've seen them when searching for phones in the past.
    10-30-10 04:09 PM
    You don't need to buy a different color, remove your trackball and put a dab of marker over the trackball led and it illuminates through the white trackball.

Then a DAB of rubbing alcohol cleans it off if you want to change the color!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-10 04:23 PM
    That's actually a really good idea! I never thought of that....
    10-30-10 04:30 PM
    Changing a Curve's trackball is quite simple. The trim ring can be pried up with a fingernail, when you drop the new one in, make sure the handle on the 'spoon' points toward the bottom of the device. When installing the ring, tabs go at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions, press straight down to lock in.

10-30-10 04:45 PM
    As BergerKing stated it is very easy to change/replace/or clean a tb. Once you replace your tb, perhaps set a schedule for yourself to pop it out & clean it every other Friday or something to fit your schedulem.
    As for colored tb's-if your looking to buy one, I've used the site DayDeal.com and have never had any problems with them for the 4yrs I've been purchasing my cell ph/bb accessories. They are a lil bit pricey with some items, and they do carry colored tb's & rings, but their service is very good.
    Just my .02

10-30-10 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD