i have a curve 8330 and had it for over a year now. the trackball was fine up until the year mark and i went to a sprint store and got the trackball replaced. it worked fine for about 2 weeks and i had to go get it replaced again. the same thing happened so since then i got it replaced 3 times now within a month and a half time period. i dont know if they giving me crappy trackballs or what but now currently i need another trackball. this is getting really frustrating and i no longer want a blackberry with a trackball. do you think sprint will give me a replacement phone since im having this problem so much? i dont think they no longer make the 8330 so will i get a newer blackberry if i can get a replacement?

please send feedback
    08-24-10 08:32 AM
    Maybe they had a bad batch of trackballs. They should make it right. Question... do you use hand lotion? Sometimes just the natural oils in your skin can cause the trackballs to stop rolling properly. A quick fix is to place the phone face down on top of several sheets of clean paper (a desk calendar works well) and with just a little bit of pressure, roll it in circles until you hear it roll freely in all directions.
    08-24-10 08:53 AM
    I've also used hand sanitizer. Make sure it DOENST have aloe or any moisturizers in it. Put some on your hands, and when its dry enough that it isnt dripping off your hands, push on the trackball and roll it around. I did that last night at work and it started rolling again.
    08-24-10 12:48 PM
    Ive used a q-tip dipped in alcohol and worked fine.

DZL1.
    08-24-10 02:28 PM
    Why should Sprint replace your phone if it is past the 1 year warranty period, and with a better/newer model? Good luck with that.

They are going above and beyond by replacing your trackballs for free.
    08-24-10 02:32 PM
    Just a note about US Cellular. My Curve is about 2 years old, beat to heck and looks like I use it for a hockey puck. I went in to a USC store a month ago with my trackball hanging out and they didn't even ask me who I was, how long I've had the phone or anything. They just took it, pulled the old trackball out, popped in a new one and said "Here you go sir, Thank you for using US Cellular".
    08-24-10 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD