i have a blackberry, tonight i took my trackball out to clean it and i put it back in and my up and down did not work , i use my phone alott , and this is a major problem. somebody please help me
    05-24-10 09:52 PM
    Contact your wireless carrier. Ask them to put you thru to RIM tech support. DON'T tell them you took out your trackball. Just tell them that it isn't working. They will send you a replacement.
    05-24-10 09:57 PM
    Contact your wireless carrier. Ask them to put you thru to RIM tech support. DON'T tell them you took out your trackball. Just tell them that it isn't working. They will send you a replacement.
    And if for some strange reason they won't, you can purchase one from right here on Crackberry, for a mere $10.
    05-24-10 10:31 PM
    Every once in a great while my trackball will act up & not want to roll side to side. I take mine out & do one of two things. 1. I'll take it between my thumb & fingers and rub it really hard, it sounds dumb I know but the first time I did this it cured the problem for probably 5 months or so. 2. Not that I HAD to do this but just because I've read it before I took a Q-tip with a small amount of rubbing alchohol & (with the trackball removed) cleaned the trackball with it. I very rarely have a problem with my trackball & I use my Berry constantly and have owned it for about 2 years now. Hope this helps.
    05-25-10 08:20 AM
    I didn't know that contacting your wireless company and talking to a RIM tech would get you another ball. Thanks for that bit of info flakbook! I'll try it because if I have to keep scrolling down to get to the top of bubble popper, I'm going to go crazy, lol! Also, it sucks having to lock my screen in order to get back to the top of my screen because I can't scroll up anymore. Talk about frustrating!
    05-26-10 07:48 AM
    I took my Curve into a Sprint store just the other day and they replaced it no questions asked, free of charge. Its a very common issue and you should be able to get it replaced without a problem (unless of course they can tell you've taken it apart).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 01:56 PM
    Been through this once before and had to get a replacement from AT&T. Now I clean my trackball with a Q-tip regular and blow it with compressed air. It stays clean and continues to work (for now).
    05-28-10 12:45 PM
    I had mine replaced a couple of times at the Sprint tech store under insurance. It was a really simple 5 min job. (I would have paid for it if it wasn't covered.) So, just go to your carrier's tech store and ask to have it replaced. Offer to pay for it -- I can't imagine it would cost a lot -- and it will be done in no time. In the mean time, you might be able to use the space key to navigate down and the shift+space key to navigate up. And don't forget that in the browser B will take you to the bottom, and T will take you to the top. It worked for me when my trackball didn't work overnight at one point.

05-28-10 06:09 PM
    Hey! I have a BB 8320 and my trackball won't select. Its scrolling up and down but I have to press it extremely hard to select. I would like some help to remove it and get it cleaned. Somebody help plz.

05-30-10 07:20 AM
    the best place to go to see how to work on your own trackball , would be youtube
    05-30-10 07:55 AM
    Hey! I have a BB 8320 and my trackball won't select. Its scrolling up and down but I have to press it extremely hard to select. I would like some help to remove it and get it cleaned. Somebody help plz.

You can try cleaning it with a Q-tip and a bit of rubbing alcohol. Blot the
    Q-tip to make sure the end is not too wet.
    05-30-10 10:17 AM
    I personally wouldn't tamper with the trackball at all. They replace them for free if you take it to a service center and it takes about 5 minutes.

05-30-10 10:34 AM
    If ur with Verizon I kno u can go 2 a store tell them u need a new trackball & they will replace it no questions asked & 4 free!!

05-30-10 10:45 AM
    Try a small amount of rubbing alcohol on a microfiber cloth. Just rub it on the trackball in all directions. This always worked for me when I had my Curve.
    05-31-10 08:13 AM
    And if for some strange reason they won't, you can purchase one from right here on Crackberry, for a mere $10.

If the BB is still under warranty they might send you a new one
    but mine was literally "thrown away"
    neighbor got a new one
    I rescued it and spent the ten bucks for a new t-ball
    YES RIGHT HERE ON THE HOME PAGE OF CRACKBERRY T-BALLS FOR SALE
    05-31-10 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD