hey everybody!

look, ive been a BB owner for about a year now.. the 8320. I basically know my way around you know, i go on this site alot. but i have never ever seen this before.

Today, I took my phone out of standby, and entered my password, and for somereason, the trackball would not move where i would tell it to. it seemed about stuck in the top left corner, but would make random movements, so i batt-pulled.

When it booted back up, everything was fine. I surfed the net a bit, and while i was in the browser, i got a call from my friend. i disconnected the call, and the same thing happened. My trackball wouldnt respond to me, but would make small, jerky movements randomly. batt-pulled again.

it worked fine, and then i put it down. picked it up a while later, and it was un-responsive again. so i batt-pulled. but now even after a re-boot, it is jerky and unresponsive constantly.

so, i switched out my trackball for another one, and rebooted. same thing. switch THAT track ball out for ANOTHER one (I have a couple laying around). same thing. i dunno whats happening.

and for some reason the trackball-backlighting is flickering constantly, and even when the phone is off, that light is still on.

i havent dropped it, gotten it wet, or anything...

so tell me fellow addicts, what can i do?
    i have an 8320. T-Mobile. os 4.5.0.124.
    Last edited by curveoncracke; 03-19-09 at 10:39 PM.
    03-19-09 10:34 PM
    Any moisture/liquid get in the phone? Keep the BB in the bathroom when you shower?

Do you have BBLight installed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 10:39 PM
    oh, just edited that...

no BBlights.

uhh no direct liquids or spills, but as to the shower...

i did leave it in the same room as a shower. twice. but like 2 weeks ago, and i wrapped it in tissues to protect from moisture and this happened today... do you think that could be it?
    Last edited by curveoncracke; 03-19-09 at 10:43 PM.
    03-19-09 10:41 PM
    The symptoms sound like you would get when water/moisture gets in the phone.

You can take out the battery and put the BB and battery in a sealed bag/container of uncooked rice. If the problem is moisture related, it may help.

03-19-09 10:44 PM
    ok, but now it is kinda late.
    i will definitely try that tomorrow though...
    thanks xliderider

will keep you posted!
    03-19-09 10:49 PM
    Don't wait till tomorrow to take the battery out. Take the battery out now.

03-19-09 10:54 PM
    yeah the battery is out, but can i keep it like that?

or do i have to do the rice thing to my BB right away?

and, sorry, one more question, but will the rice harm my bb if some pieces get in there?
    03-19-09 10:56 PM
    The sooner the better for the rice...

I think it will work even if you wrap the BB in some tissue to keep the rice from making direct contact with your BB. The important thing is that you seal the container after the BB is in, a ziploc bag works well.

03-19-09 11:06 PM
    ok, cool thanks. ill do it now, in case.
    03-19-09 11:07 PM
    ok, so ive let my bb sit in a sealed bag of rice for about 3 days now. i just took it out, and put in the battery. it booted up and i put in the trackball. it still wont respond to me, and keeps move erratically. what should i do now?
    03-22-09 09:55 PM
    I'm curious what would the rice do? And who evr thought of placing their device in a bag of rice?

03-22-09 10:26 PM
    Rice will help to remove moisture from the phone. Ever seen rice in a salt shaker at a restuarant? Same thing.
    03-22-09 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD