Hey all !
    Got my Telus blackberry 8330 (silver) about a month ago and am having the dreaded trackball problems already ! This unit is a company owned phone, supplied by my head office two provinces over (makes warranty claims difficult).

After owning for about 3 weeks the trackball refused to scroll 'up'. Down, left, right work fine (no stutter or hesitation). I tried the 'can of air' fix and 'push and roll the dirt out' fix to no avail. i do not want to take it apart myself and risk damaging it or voiding warranty. I took it to a local dealer who pulled the trackball assembly, replaced with a new trackball but that did not fix the problem. He commented how clean it was inside (always wash hands, store in holster, never dropped) and figured that "it must be a software thing".

I cannot afford to be without a phone for a week (the approximate time to send it to H.O. for replacement) does this sound like a common problem ? any fixes ? ideas ?

Thanks for your time !!

Brian
    10-03-09 12:15 PM
    Sounds like a replacement is the best option since the trackball was replaced and you're still having the same isue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 01:44 PM
    Try pushing the trackball all the way down firmly till it clicks and roll it around.

10-03-09 01:48 PM
    Try pushing the trackball all the way down firmly till it clicks and roll it around.
    That was one of the first things I tried after looking up the problem, second being a trip to the Telus store. Looks like it's heading back next week unless anyone else has experienced/fixed this problem...

Thanks for the info !
    10-03-09 10:56 PM
    I would seriously concidering taking the trackball out and use the can of air on the trackball itself. If you want it to take it a step further you can take apart the trackball housing and clean the rollers. There are numerous tutorials all over crackberry and youtube and verrrry easy to do.

10-04-09 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD