I just bought a BB Curve 8310. I have only had it for 3 days and now the trackball won't scroll down. Any ideas as to what can be wrong? Thanks in advance.
    12-31-08 07:59 AM
    Try a batter pull, device ON, take the battery out for about 30 secs, then replace.
    12-31-08 08:01 AM
    there is a video on youtube that should show you how to take it out and clean it, if not i know there all multiple threads on here explain what to do. just search cleaning trackball
    12-31-08 08:02 AM
    I had that same problem it would not go down finally I googled how to clean it well I cleaned it but I had to end up buying a new one. I got myne on amazon now it works perfectly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 09:04 AM
    They pop right out and are easy to purchase, the best way to go...
    12-31-08 09:25 AM
    its brand new, so I wouldn't monkey with it too much. You can always take it back and exchange it on the spot, or get a new one because you are under warranty. If you bust any parts trying to fix it, you will probably void your warranty.

12-31-08 09:45 AM
    i would buy a couple replacements, i paid $6 each for the ring and trackball set. Here are some of the top places for parts;

Truesupplier - The best mobile phone and PDA accessories wholesale CO.
    FONLOGIX LLC- Mobile Phone Parts - - [bought mine from here, got 4, big improvement in response]
    Cellular Accessories - Acer, Samsung, Tools, Mobiado, Nokia, Microsoft, LG, Motorola, SonyEricsson, Pan
    12-31-08 10:54 AM
    Easy to pop out and either clean or replace. Much easier than replacing the phone, however if you take it back to your provider they might do it anyway.

12-31-08 12:06 PM
    I always have extras on hand, and replace mine every few months because I like a clean trackball . But in this case dama has the right idea, it is so new, I'd go in and get it replaced or a new device from the store you got your bb from. There's no way you should have to pay for anything this soon.

12-31-08 12:19 PM
    This also can be software issue.
    1.Download Desktop manager or pocket mac for mac
    2.Then download latest handheld software for your device from wireless carrier
    3. Then do a backup on device with desktop manager
    4. After that run device through application loader. This will remove handheld software and then reinstall updated version of handheld software.
    5. then you can check trackball if working perform restore on desktop manager if trackball not working after doing restore then you will know that something in backup file is causing issue. this would be last option before getting new device.
    01-02-09 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD