Hello, I have a problem, today my trackball just stopped 'clicking' on my 8310, it rolls but it wont click, I have to use the enter key to be able to select anything, is this a comun problem? is it something on the actual settings? or what could be the problem? btw my phone is only two months old...
    06-11-09 12:19 AM
    Sounds like a hardware problem or water damage. You could try burying it in a bowl of rice overnite and see if that helps resolve the problem. However, you have a one year warranty. Call them and get a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 12:39 AM
    Someone else I know is having this exact problem. Take your trackball assembly out, is there a gold plate in the center where the ball sits inside the phone? Also, on the back of the trackball assembly is the thin silver tail still there?
    06-11-09 06:09 AM
    I am having this problem as well. There is a gold plate at the center and there is a silver tail on the back of the track ball. The gold plate looks almost a little rusty. Should it be cleaned maybe?
    06-11-09 06:12 AM
    I'm the one Kasi mentioned. I have access to two Curves, my 8320 and work's 8310. Here's what I found out...

The gold plate under the trackball is a pressure switch. Use a dull pencil or similar device to press in on it and see if it selects. My work one does, my personal one doesn't.

As was said earlier, I'm sending mine in to be exchanged under warranty, unless anyone else has any ideas...
    06-11-09 06:33 AM
    I'm the one Kasi mentioned. I have access to two Curves, my 8320 and work's 8310. Here's what I found out...

The gold plate under the trackball is a pressure switch. Use a dull pencil or similar device to press in on it and see if it selects. My work one does, my personal one doesn't.

As was said earlier, I'm sending mine in to be exchanged under warranty, unless anyone else has any ideas...
    Ya i tried pushing down on the gold plate but it still won't select anything. Anyone have a fix or is screwed?
    06-11-09 07:50 AM
    Use your warrenty and get a new one. To my knowledge, not a common problem. Sounds like a fluke.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 08:06 AM
    Found some good info here. Looks like it may help some people. Good luck, i'm trying this since I have no warranty anyways.
    Trackball clicking but not doing anything - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    06-11-09 08:32 AM
    Just tried doing what was described in Post #9 of my above link and it worked! Trackball clicks perfectly now and it was pretty easy to do.
    06-11-09 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD