Ok I have read many of the threads about trackballs and the rollers. Most of them deal with them being dirty. Well I just bought a new blue trackball...wanted it to match my other 2 LOL! Anyway the brand new clean trackball isnt working well at all. scrolls choppy, horizontal is bad etc. My phone is clean...spotless in fact. I bought it off ebay and asked the seller as to why a brand new track ball would be like this. He told me that the magnetic rollers need to be adjusted...I have replaced 2 other trackballs and never had to do this. Is he yankin my chain? I tried following his little worthless video and adjusted and adjusted...no change.

You tell me if this is legit:
    03-28-09 12:24 PM
    When i got my green trackball for my old pearl i dropped the whole assembly before installing it and i knocked the top roller off just a bit and couldnt move mt trackball, Get an icepick or something small and juse make sure that the rollers are sitting flush with the body.
    03-28-09 12:30 PM
    Lol.

I've never heard of that either?
    03-28-09 12:30 PM
    For the prices those eBay guys charge for colored trackballs, they should send you a replacement one if you are having problems.

Man, that dude in the video had the nastiest cuticles ever!
    03-28-09 03:36 PM
    Yea they need to make it right. Their last response to me was "maybe defective from factory". Ok yea it so offer to replace the thing! I will ask for a new one tomorrow.

Nasty fingers in that video...maybe there are skin flakes in my new tackball!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 12:20 AM
    How long do those trackballs last? Dovu think its better to scroll pages with the space button? I would like to know since I'm an addict on the BB.

03-29-09 06:56 AM
    How long do those trackballs last? Dovu think its better to scroll pages with the space button? I would like to know since I'm an addict on the BB.

I think how long they last has allot to do with how clean you can keep them. I would say a few years before they start to feel loose or NOT NEW. It's a good idea to clean them every once in while especially if you keep the BB in your pocket=lint etc.
    03-29-09 11:36 AM
    After screwing around with this for last couple days at different times I asked the supplier to send me another. I really think it was the way the track ball was shipped. He had it in a plastic box bouncing around inside it from Hong Kong to the US could not have been good.

He is going to send me another. BTW it was gsm4world.
    03-29-09 11:38 AM
    When i got my green trackball for my old pearl i dropped the whole assembly before installing it and i knocked the top roller off just a bit and couldnt move mt trackball, Get an icepick or something small and juse make sure that the rollers are sitting flush with the body.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW DO YOU GO ABOUT CHANGING THE TRACK BALL ? MY TRACKBALL IS STUCK, IT'S BEEN STUCK FOR 2 DAYS .... IT JUST WON'T ROLL DOWN, SO I CAN'T ACCESS MY TEXT MESSAGE, E-MAILS, NE THING. ALL I CAN DO IS MAKE CALLS ... CAN U HELP ? THANK YOU, I APPRECIATE IT
    03-29-09 01:15 PM
    I think how long they last has allot to do with how clean you can keep them. I would say a few years before they start to feel loose or NOT NEW. It's a good idea to clean them every once in while especially if you keep the BB in your pocket=lint etc.

Well, I keep it in a case that has a cover for the face. So, when it's not being used, it's always covered. Thanks so much for the info.
    03-29-09 05:39 PM
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW DO YOU GO ABOUT CHANGING THE TRACK BALL ? MY TRACKBALL IS STUCK, IT'S BEEN STUCK FOR 2 DAYS .... IT JUST WON'T ROLL DOWN, SO I CAN'T ACCESS MY TEXT MESSAGE, E-MAILS, NE THING. ALL I CAN DO IS MAKE CALLS ... CAN U HELP ? THANK YOU, I APPRECIATE IT

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/
    03-29-09 05:50 PM
    I also got a blue trackball from gsm4world, and I have the same problem. Whenever I ask him how to fix it, I always get this simple answer saying the same thing in terrible english. Tell me when you get the new one and let me know if it works.

03-29-09 07:12 PM
    I also got a blue trackball from gsm4world, and I have the same problem. Whenever I ask him how to fix it, I always get this simple answer saying the same thing in terrible english. Tell me when you get the new one and let me know if it works.

Yea we will see how it goes. It will HOPEFULLY be a couple weeks. I have not given feedback through ebay yet. If this doesn't go well I am going to rate them BAD on this.

I will update this post ASAP.
    03-30-09 12:50 PM
    He just emailed me the link to that stupid video you posted. Take a pair of tweezers and jiggle the rollers? What is that going to do. And his emails are worded in a way that makes you feel ********. I'm going to give bad feedback whether I get it working or not.
    03-31-09 10:33 AM
    I watched the video and couldn't beleive what they are saying. These trackballs should work without doing anything. I have taken more than a few apart and after cleaning, they work great as long as you assemble them properly. The tiny grooves in the magnetic rollers that contact the ball gets cruddy and that is what prevents them from rolling properly. After a thorough cleaning with alcohol, they work great as long as the ball is not smoothe. I think it should have a bit of texture to contact the grooves in the magnetic rollers. But there is definitely no adjustments as the video suggests.

PS - I have a few all black trackballs for sale - new. PM me.
    03-31-09 04:30 PM
    buy new ones to see if they work
    03-31-09 04:39 PM
    I tried once again to make the blue trackball work. I couldn't fix it, yet again, and I became completely fed up with gsm4world, so this is the email I sent:

I watched your video, it hasn't done anything. I am sick of trying to make YOUR product that YOU sold to ME to work. The item should arrive to me in working condition, no exceptions. Please refund me my money or send me a replacement that you have tested and scrolls correctly.
    And here is the reply:

I know it is our job, but we know the solution these days, after we posted to u.
    Do u think anyone who want to send useless stuff to buyers for fun?
    We are a responsible seller so we send a replacement to u.
    But we know the reason too late so we can't make adjsutment by ourself.
    It works find after make the magnetic rollers movabble. It's very easy.
    >>We don't want to loss any customer even u.<<

ok , i will ship another one

pls send me delivery address
    Is this guy kidding? "We don't want to loss any customer, even you." What's that supposed to mean, wise guy? Rude.
    Last edited by dylanledbetter; 04-02-09 at 11:40 AM.
    04-02-09 11:36 AM
    Is this guy kidding? "We don't want to loss any customer, even you." What's that supposed to mean, wise guy? Rude.
    That was very rude...If I were you when I get my product from them I would email them back saying something about how rude that guy was!
    04-02-09 11:56 AM
    That was very rude...If I were you when I get my product from them I would email them back saying something about how rude that guy was!
    I can guarantee them negative feedback. Even if I say this guy is rude, I won't know if it does anything because all their responses are in terrible English.
    04-02-09 12:11 PM
    gsm4world has issues with there trackballs. That video is a load of crap haha. He's just jiggling the rollers around which will make no difference at all whatsoever. I have a trackball from them and just ended up putting my oem rollers into the trackball assembly. This solved the problem
    04-02-09 01:53 PM
    gsm4world has issues with there trackballs. That video is a load of crap haha. He's just jiggling the rollers around which will make no difference at all whatsoever. I have a trackball from them and just ended up putting my oem rollers into the trackball assembly. This solved the problem
    Same here. My rollers were backwards but even after fixing them the ball responded slowly. I put the OEM rollers in my black trackball and it works great now.

04-02-09 02:57 PM
    That's weird because I tried all my extra rollers and I had the same problem with all of them.

04-02-09 04:32 PM
    That's weird because I tried all my extra rollers and I had the same problem with all of them.

Steve Chan of cnn.cn stated that the balls they used in the colored trackball assemblies they were selling were not OEM. It might be the same for the ones gsm4world are selling.

It would be a lot easier to buy OEM trackballs from eBay seller mobilexny for $4.84 each (with free 1st class shipping from NY) and then dye them black, or whatever color you want. I've purchased 5 trackballs from them, and have never received a bad trackball assembly.
    04-02-09 05:13 PM
    i dont know if i will buy colored trackballs......i think its fun taking apart the thing and dying it myself, i dont see how these COULD be adjusted
    04-02-09 06:43 PM
    Giantpurpledog on ebay sells OEM colored trackballs. I bought a pink one and it works perfectly. Good news is he is a USA seller.

04-02-09 09:10 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD