This mourning I noticed that with my 8310 I was having issues with my trackball. I first noticed that when I tried to scroll nothing would happen on the screen, but selecting would work. I pulled the battery and resolved the issue for a little bit. I later pick up the phone and had the same issue, but this time the phone started scrolling out of control for a few seconds.
    As I was sitting at my desk I noticed when the screen was off and phone was locked that the track ball was still lit. I then took the trackball apart and cleaned. This occured all day. Before I took the device to AT&T's warrenty exchange center I wiped the device.
    At AT&T they said they never heard of the LED staying on how mine is. I could not be helped since I explained how I recived phone for free from work but I pay for it, they said the warrenty does not transfer.
    when I got home I cleaned out the phone with a can of air everywhere possible, still no help.
    I am currently in the process of wiping the phone and installing the original OS. If anyone has any ideas please share.
    08-07-08 05:15 PM
    hardware issue. talk to your IT manager or the department that issued it to you about a swapout.
    08-07-08 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD