Hey all. I've got an issue with my trackball. And while it's not life threatening to the BB, but it's more of a nusiance. And I'm pretty sure it just needs to be cleaned, but anyway. Just looking for suggestions. I can scroll with it just fine, in any direction, but it seems like it's got a flat spot in it. I'll be scrolling and, when I scroll a certain way, I can feel it "catch", as if there a flat spot, or something on the trackball. There doesn't seem to be anything physically wrong, just by looking at it, so I'm pretty sure it's within the "trackball housing". I was wondering if you all had any suggestions on resolving this, so the trackball feels "round" again. Thanks in advance!

*I'm on BBM, PIN 209B3006*
    05-26-09 06:37 PM
    I would suggest getting a new trackball and trackball housing. You can get them on E-bay for 5-8 bucks. I had a similar issue and getting a new trackball fixed it. I would try cleaning it first though.
    Last edited by Logylogy; 05-26-09 at 06:59 PM.
    05-26-09 06:56 PM
    I would suggest getting a new trackball and trackball housing. You can get them on E-bay for 5-8 bucks. I had a similar issue and getting a new trackball fixed it. I would try cleaning it first though.
    Thanks! I appreciate the suggestion! I'll try cleaning it, if that doesn't work, I'll get a new one.
    05-26-09 07:08 PM
    05-26-09 08:13 PM
    worst comes to worst you can take apart the trackball assembly and simply get a fine grade sandpaper (really fine) and sand it just slightly and place it back in.
    05-26-09 09:21 PM
    well, it looks like i'm gettin' a new trackball. i lost two of the rollies while trying to put it back together... damn it! lol good thing i already ordered one off ebay. now i just hafta wait...... and wait...... and wait...........!!!! anyone now how to use it without the trackball?
    05-27-09 12:25 AM
    Well, without the trackball you're pretty much up th proverbial creek without a roll of TP.

When I had this issue, with the maintainance plan, a local store with a repair center popped one in for me in about a minute. No worries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 01:06 AM
    Well, without the trackball you're pretty much up th proverbial creek without a roll of TP.

When I had this issue, with the maintainance plan, a local store with a repair center popped one in for me in about a minute. No worries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, I figured I was screwed.... at least until I get the new trackball I ordered. Did the local store charge you? One would assume not with the maint. plan.
    05-27-09 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD